Top 25 Games of 2013 on ESPNU

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
They've been counting down. Pretty sure you can guess what #1 is. AU was in the top 3 (3 - vs. UGA, 2 - vs. FSU (on now), and 1 - Iron Bowl). Iron Bowl replay is on at 8pm CST tonight.

I think that's the hardest I've ever taken a loss of a game I didn't play in. I normally watch our games at least 10 times each in the offseason to try and learn. But this one, I haven't been able to watch at all. I think I'll just go ahead and get it out of my system and come on to grips with it tonight.

Tip of the hate for any of you who already have gotten over it.

RTR

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
They've been counting down. Pretty sure you can guess what #1 is. AU was in the top 3 (3 - vs. UGA, 2 - vs. FSU (on now), and 1 - Iron Bowl). Iron Bowl replay is on at 8pm CST tonight.

I think that's the hardest I've ever taken a loss of a game I didn't play in. I normally watch our games at least 10 times each in the offseason to try and learn. But this one, I haven't been able to watch at all. I think I'll just go ahead and get it out of my system and come on to grips with it tonight.

RTR
i would rather have dysentery than watch that again.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
I would watch it again just to see how close or far we were to winning that game.
Watching the UGA game, I forgot how close they were to STILL losing even after the miracle catch. Murray shredded them all 4th quarter and they ran out of time (and timeouts) during that last drive.

Watching the FSU game now. FSU seemed to play tight at times, but I like how they pretty much used an attacking philosophy on defense similar to the one LSU always employs vs. Gus

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Watching the UGA game, I forgot how close they were to STILL losing even after the miracle catch. Murray shredded them all 4th quarter and they ran out of time (and timeouts) during that last drive.

Watching the FSU game now. FSU seemed to play tight at times, but I like how they pretty much used an attacking philosophy on defense similar to the one LSU always employs vs. Gus
In retrospect, that fluke hail mary was the biggest play of the season. If Georgia doesn't botch that play, we would have probably played for the national title, even losing to Auburn.
That play to me was much more of a miracle than the run back of the field goal.
Makes me sick everytime I see it.
sip

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
i still have not watched the play. I would imagine it will be replayed at least 3 times during our game vs West Virginia and I may not be quick enough with the remote

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I won't watch it again until we beat them this year. When we do that, I will gladly watch it the next day. I did the same thing with the A&M game.

tidefan23

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2004
Hoover, AL
I watched the UGA game again, but won't be watching our game. I remember sitting in disbelief on my couch for about 15 minutes following the game without saying a word. They won't be that lucky ever again!

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds

RTR
Freudian slip? :)

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I watched the UGA game again, but won't be watching our game. I remember sitting in disbelief on my couch for about 15 minutes following the game without saying a word. They won't be that lucky ever again!
I agree. This pick 6 will be the new "punt Bama punt". We will hear ad nausem.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
I didn't finish the play live. Once he got to the 50 I knew it was over, the other folks in the viewing party weren't quite sure what was going on yet. It was awful. I change the channel every time it comes on. I hope to never see it.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
It just went off....I forced myself to watch all of it. Felt like I was digging slowly into my neck with a dull knife. But I made it through. I'm over it. Ready for this season to start. Wish we could open the season against them. But they'll get theirs.

gumptider

1st Team
Sep 24, 2008
Just got through watching it. What baffles me is that we had the ball up 7, on their 25-yard-line, with a 3rd and 2, and came away with no points. It's almost unfathomable. Even if we fail to pick up the first, we kick a 35-yarder and the game should be over. If you concentrate too much on the final play, it dulls you to the ridiculous string of miscues that makes that possible. We should have finished and didn't. We handed Auburn the opportunity. I hope our players watch that for motivation, because I went away ....ed.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got through watching it. What baffles me is that we had the ball up 7, on their 25-yard-line, with a 3rd and 2, and came away with no points. It's almost unfathomable. Even if we fail to pick up the first, we kick a 35-yarder and the game should be over. If you concentrate too much on the final play, it dulls you to the ridiculous string of miscues that makes that possible. We should have finished and didn't. We handed Auburn the opportunity. I hope our players watch that for motivation, because I went away ....ed.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.