West Virginia Game, Who's Going?

Zack

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 30, 2012
Just got my tickets for the game.. We are in Section 239. This will be our first ever Alabama football game! I've been to the dome a few times before, but never for an Alabama game. Who is all going to the game? Any recommendations on a tailgate area for Bama fans? I'm already stuck in the WVU section, I'd rather not tailgate with them too! Looking for any help for a long time Bama fan, first time attending a game.

gumptider

1st Team
Sep 24, 2008
I'm going. Not a regular at the Dome, but we went last year for VT and here are some quick observations.

First, tailgating at the Georgia Dome, to me, really pales in comparison to tailgating at Bryant-Denny or other on-campus locations. I didn't have much of a sense of where anything was. Lots of marketing booths, for example. That being said, I think our strategy this time will be to pre-game at a bar close by and then head over to the game. We took the Marta last year, but I think I'd rather take an Uber this time, or just a cab.

The game itself will be a nice experience. The air conditioning, the beer and liquor for purchase, and the aesthetics of the pro venue make for a very different game experience than Bryant-Denny. We really enjoyed it, although it "felt" noticeably smaller. It's a real contrast from the Bryant-Denny experience.

Also, just FYI, Smith's Olde Bar is kind of regarded as the Bama bar in Atlanta. I don't know how much action there will be on Friday night, but I suspect Saturday night after the game might be pretty happening.

kapeman

Dec 13, 2011
We plan on using Uber as well. I wonder what the event pricing will bump the rates to.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
We plan on using Uber as well. I wonder what the event pricing will bump the rates to.
we used uber last year to get to the stadium from a mid-town bar and it worked pretty well. took marta home. i will probably go this year as i live relatively close to the dome and its about the only chance i get to go to a game these days.

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011
flying down on wed, back on sun. 2 nights in decatur, 2 nights right around the corner from GA Dome. can't wait!

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
Absolutely..Love Atlanta. If you are going uptown I recommend Durangos Steak House on Peach Tree...Lot's of Bama fans pour in there after the game. Another thing if you go uptown either Friday or Saturday night...It is the week of one of the world's largest sci-fi (or something) weeks and you will see things like you've never imagined unless you live in Las Vagas or some other "weird" place.

nickel42

1st Team
Dec 2, 2013
Nashville, TN
I'll be there! The Dome is a great atmosphere. Personally we don't ever do any tailgating there, but there's usually some big event type thing in the large conference halls in the Georgia World Conference Center (right across the street), and we normally make an appearance in there just to check it out.

When I was in the MDB we'd go play a pep rally in there about two hours before game time. I imagine it'll be similar this year.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Absolutely..Love Atlanta. If you are going uptown I recommend Durangos Steak House on Peach Tree...Lot's of Bama fans pour in there after the game. Another thing if you go uptown either Friday or Saturday night...It is the week of one of the world's largest sci-fi (or something) weeks and you will see things like you've never imagined unless you live in Las Vagas or some other "weird" place.
its dragon-con weekend.

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
its dragon-con weekend.
Thanks for the correction. I meant "weird" in a good way too. I videoed people until my phone battery went dead and it was incredible. Many would see the camera and come over and basically do interviews like it was YouTube. Pretty cool especially after the Tide had put a whoopin' on VT!

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Thanks for the correction. I meant "weird" in a good way too. I videoed people until my phone battery went dead and it was incredible. Many would see the camera and come over and basically do interviews like it was YouTube. Pretty cool especially after the Tide had put a whoopin' on VT!
Sorry if it came across as a correction, it wasn't meant that way. :) Dragon con is an atlanta institution, and it is very weird. I highly recommend checking it out to anyone who has a chance. There is also a big parade (on sat morning I think)

peariver

1st Team
Jan 31, 2009
SW Georgia
I'll be there and thanks again to whoever posted the link to the West Virginia ticket office for my tickets to this game at face value. Now that I have received them I can now unsubscribe from the WV Mountaineer mail.

BigBama

All-SEC
Oct 13, 1999
We are in section 305 amongst the Mountaineer Moonshiners. Also want to thank the person that posted the info about the West Virginia online tickets.

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011
We are in section 305 amongst the Mountaineer Moonshiners. Also want to thank the person that posted the info about the West Virginia online tickets.
i wouldnt thank them if you've never sat with wvu fans before. as a guy that has been to many backyard brawls i can tell you it's not a lot of fun. but enjoy the game

bamamoss2

All-SEC
Sep 10, 2000
Cullman, Alabama
Any predictions, based on past games, of availability and cost of tickets at the stadium before the game?
Bama wins big. As for tickets; no tickets are allowed to be sold outside the stadium (within a mile, I think). Best get them before getting to the stadium. You can get online at some places for $~110 at the moment.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.