Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BamaNation All-SEC

What is up with UF's class?

I was just looking at the current recruiting rankings on 247 and was suddenly aware that despite looking at the top 50 schools, UF was nowhere to be found. I expanded the list and found them quickly at #51. How is this even possible? I can't say I'm going to like UF just because Coach Mac is there now, but that's just pitiful!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team Roll Tide 00's Avatar
    My Mood
    Aggressive1 on TideFans.com

Re: What is up with UF's class?

This usually happens after coaching changes.Michigan got Harbaugh and they aren't much better.I'm not surprised by it.I'll wait and judge after he gets a full year to work.

BamaNation All-American Catfish's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by DocCrimson View Post
    I was just looking at the current recruiting rankings on 247 and was suddenly aware that despite looking at the top 50 schools, UF was nowhere to be found. I expanded the list and found them quickly at #51. How is this even possible? I can't say I'm going to like UF just because Coach Mac is there now, but that's just pitiful!
    They were a little higher than that, but not much, the last time I looked a week or so ago. I think Muschamp has been able to steer a few of their more highly-rated potential recruits to the plains. And, some of the others they were looking good on started looking around after he left. Coach Mac might have a rough first two or three years.
    "...Defense shut 'em down! Offense make plays! Hey, let's go be champions, boys!"- Greg McElroy

I don't recall CJM being an excellent recruiter, though maybe he was.

He's got a tough job rebuilding UF - they've fallen far. So far, this class doesn't help.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. ©2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by Roll Tide 00 View Post
    This usually happens after coaching changes.Michigan got Harbaugh and they aren't much better.I'm not surprised by it.
    I knew there would be a dip, but unless they pull one of the few remaining 5 stars, this is going to be far and away the worst class I've ever seen them reel in.

BamaNation Second Team

Coach Saban had a tough first year at Alabama, since he only had a month to recruit. Of course, that was still an impressive. We ended up 10th that year,

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Well, they just got Martez Ivey, one of the top OT in the class.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Well, they just got Martez Ivey, one of the top OT in the class.

Now they can say with pride: "WE'RE NUMBER 35!!!"

(One spot ahead of Kentucky for 12th in the conference)

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

They will go higher with cece
    The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. Dwight D. Eisenhower

BamaNation First Team

I think they are up to about #20 with 20 signees. They had a decent day getting Jefferson and Ivey and a few other needs, but they did not sign a qb and they needed one in the worst way. And that's the way these things can fool you. If Coach Mac had an SEC-ready qb on that roster they could win 8-9 games next year. With the guy they played the bowl game with? Whew.

rtr

My Mood
    Breezy on TideFans.com

They started the day at 100...finished at 20...that's a heck of a finish
    "I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."
    --Alabama Head Football Coach, Nick Saban

“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein

BamaNation All-American JustNeedMe81's Avatar
    My Mood
    Doh on TideFans.com

Impressive. Next year, I expect Florida to be in Top 10.
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

BamaNation All-American JustNeedMe81's Avatar
    My Mood
    Doh on TideFans.com

You know he could still get a transfer between now and Spring day....
    Quote Originally Posted by bamamick View Post
    I think they are up to about #20 with 20 signees. They had a decent day getting Jefferson and Ivey and a few other needs, but they did not sign a qb and they needed one in the worst way. And that's the way these things can fool you. If Coach Mac had an SEC-ready qb on that roster they could win 8-9 games next year. With the guy they played the bowl game with? Whew.

rtr
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*