Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 17
  1. #1
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Upper Valley, VT
    Posts
    1,490

    What is up with UF's class?

    I was just looking at the current recruiting rankings on 247 and was suddenly aware that despite looking at the top 50 schools, UF was nowhere to be found. I expanded the list and found them quickly at #51. How is this even possible? I can't say I'm going to like UF just because Coach Mac is there now, but that's just pitiful!

  2. Advertisement
  3. #2
    BamaNation First Team Roll Tide 00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    674

    Re: What is up with UF's class?

    This usually happens after coaching changes.Michigan got Harbaugh and they aren't much better.I'm not surprised by it.I'll wait and judge after he gets a full year to work.

  4. #3
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Catfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    5,846

    Re: What is up with UF's class?

    Quote Originally Posted by DocCrimson View Post
    I was just looking at the current recruiting rankings on 247 and was suddenly aware that despite looking at the top 50 schools, UF was nowhere to be found. I expanded the list and found them quickly at #51. How is this even possible? I can't say I'm going to like UF just because Coach Mac is there now, but that's just pitiful!
    They were a little higher than that, but not much, the last time I looked a week or so ago. I think Muschamp has been able to steer a few of their more highly-rated potential recruits to the plains. And, some of the others they were looking good on started looking around after he left. Coach Mac might have a rough first two or three years.
    "...Defense shut 'em down! Offense make plays! Hey, let's go be champions, boys!"- Greg McElroy

  5. #4

    Re: What is up with UF's class?

    I don't recall CJM being an excellent recruiter, though maybe he was.

    He's got a tough job rebuilding UF - they've fallen far. So far, this class doesn't help.
    "Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski, Gran Torino

  6. #5
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Upper Valley, VT
    Posts
    1,490
    Thread Starter

    Re: What is up with UF's class?

    Quote Originally Posted by Roll Tide 00 View Post
    This usually happens after coaching changes.Michigan got Harbaugh and they aren't much better.I'm not surprised by it.
    I knew there would be a dip, but unless they pull one of the few remaining 5 stars, this is going to be far and away the worst class I've ever seen them reel in.

  7. #6
    BamaNation First Team
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    289

    Re: What is up with UF's class?

    Coach Saban had a tough first year at Alabama, since he only had a month to recruit. Of course, that was still an impressive. We ended up 10th that year,

  8. #7

    Re: What is up with UF's class?

    Well, they just got Martez Ivey, one of the top OT in the class.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

    "We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

  9. #8
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Upper Valley, VT
    Posts
    1,490
    Thread Starter

    Re: What is up with UF's class?

    Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Well, they just got Martez Ivey, one of the top OT in the class.

    Now they can say with pride: "WE'RE NUMBER 35!!!"

    (One spot ahead of Kentucky for 12th in the conference)

  10. #9
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    7,295

    Re: What is up with UF's class?

    They will go higher with cece
    The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. Dwight D. Eisenhower

  11. #10
    BamaNation First Team
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    975

    Re: What is up with UF's class?

    I think they are up to about #20 with 20 signees. They had a decent day getting Jefferson and Ivey and a few other needs, but they did not sign a qb and they needed one in the worst way. And that's the way these things can fool you. If Coach Mac had an SEC-ready qb on that roster they could win 8-9 games next year. With the guy they played the bowl game with? Whew.

    rtr

  12. #11
    FB Moderator WMack4Bama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Posts
    10,493

    Re: What is up with UF's class?

    They started the day at 100...finished at 20...that's a heck of a finish
    "I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."
    --Alabama Head Football Coach, Nick Saban

    “Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein

  13. #12
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6,087

    Re: What is up with UF's class?

    Impressive. Next year, I expect Florida to be in Top 10.
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

  14. #13
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6,087

    Re: What is up with UF's class?

    You know he could still get a transfer between now and Spring day....
    Quote Originally Posted by bamamick View Post
    I think they are up to about #20 with 20 signees. They had a decent day getting Jefferson and Ivey and a few other needs, but they did not sign a qb and they needed one in the worst way. And that's the way these things can fool you. If Coach Mac had an SEC-ready qb on that roster they could win 8-9 games next year. With the guy they played the bowl game with? Whew.

    rtr
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •