OT Drew Richmond Signs With Tennessee

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Need to get a thread going for this kid, who is perhaps our top OT target on the board right now. September 9th decision coming up, and the fight is between 'Bama, Tennessee, and Ole Miss.

UT people feel confident on this one, but Richmond was in Tuscaloosa this past weekend and we at least have a fighting chance.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Re: OT Drew Richmond Updates

Isn`t he pretty much considered a UT lock? I agree, though, that anything can happen if we get them on campus. Especially true with this staff. Anybody think that if Richmond doesn`t commit to us that we finish without a pure OT? Long time to NSD, though.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

FWIW, JC Shurburtt of 247 made his Crystal Ball prediction for Richmond to Bama. Link
I'm still not overwhelmingly getting my hopes up yet, but we have made this one relatively interesting. His visit to Tuscaloosa went really well, and flipping Rico McGraw helps our cause, too, because those two are close.

RammerJammer91

1st Team
Nov 27, 2012

Anyone know the latest with him? He announces a week from today if I'm not mistaken.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Anyone know the latest with him? He announces a week from today if I'm not mistaken.
Richmond has been very quite as of late, and there hasn't been much news. UT people still feel confident, and there has been some noise for Ole Miss. How much of that is just unfounded speculation and innuendo we'll find out soon enough.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

8 out of the last 9 Crystal Ball predictions on 247 has him at Ole Miss.

7 out of the last 8 Crystal Ball predictions have Isaiah Prince at Bama.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL

I'd be shocked if it was anything but Tennessee. He has a girlfriend at UT....nuff said. :(

Lost in TN

1st Team
Sep 20, 2009
Collierville, TN

(MUS to Oxford = 1 hour) (MUS to Knoxville = 6 1/2 hours) (MUS to Tuscaloosa = 3 1/2 hours) Also MUS has a big Ole Miss Alumni base.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

About 6' 6", 280 ? That`s downright skinny for an OT. Think of a RS year with CSC, however! Yeah!!! Yeah!! Yeah!! Love to see him sign with us. Nice offer list.
Eh, that's pretty close actually, at least close enough to be a feasible short-term contributor at OT. He might need a year in the S&C program -- though he's close enough to where that might not be the case -- but if we place him at left tackle, he only needs to add around 20 pounds, which won't take long at all for a guy with a 6'6 frame.

Point being, this isn't one of those long-term developmental guys who need three or four years before they can realistically expect to vie for meaningful snaps. He could contribute relatively early, and weight isn't a particular concern here. Although there are some exceptions, the truth of the matter is that most players -- and linemen in particular -- need to either add or lose weight before they are really ready for the college game.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al

I'd much rather see offensive linemen come in slim than over weight and out of shape. One reason is it's much better on the knee's and ankles.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I'd much rather see offensive linemen come in slim than over weight and out of shape. One reason is it's much better on the knee's and ankles.
Good point but I also like them coming in at 6'6" and 320 lbs like Cam Robinson so they can play right away.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: OT Drew Richmond Commits to Ole Miss

Richmond signed with Tennessee today. Surprised. Thought this was Freeze's doing to get more publicity on NSD.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.