Fresno "leaders" criticize school district for hiring white teacher

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
to teach cultural studies.

http://www.fresnobee.com/2014/07/28/4044162/southwest-fresno-leaders-criticize.html

This is actually a class in middle school? No wonder our kids can't compete with the Chinese/Japanese/Koreans/Dutch/Germans. We're too busy trying to teach them this garbage instead of math, science, English, foreign languages and other courses that will help them compete in a global market. Unbelievable.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
to teach cultural studies.

http://www.fresnobee.com/2014/07/28/4044162/southwest-fresno-leaders-criticize.html

This is actually a class in middle school? No wonder our kids can't compete with the Chinese/Japanese/Koreans/Dutch/Germans. We're too busy trying to teach them this garbage instead of math, science, English, foreign languages and other courses that will help them compete in a global market. Unbelievable.
Agreed. WTH do the teach in cultural studies? Victimization and excuse-making?

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
"We're just saying what the community wants. We didn't fight for a white male or female teacher to educate our babies," Crozier said. "We still are at these racial fault lines, and we want someone who will be able to think critically about those racial fault lines and how do we help heal, to restore the problems that have existed."

Translation: We want to ensure we've got someone in there who will teach our "babies" to walk around with a chip on their shoulder and think every problem that arises in their lives is because of whitey.

Got it!

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
A white guy wants to teach at an inner city school. In the article, he received praise from one of his former students for his teaching of this class at another school.

What a racist he must be. Yes, let's tell all whites who sincerely want to help the inner city that they are not wanted.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
A white guy wants to teach at an inner city school. In the article, he received praise from one of his former students for his teaching of this class at another school.

What a racist he must be. Yes, let's tell all whites who sincerely want to help the inner city that they are not wanted.
It's a moving target. If white people stopped trying to help then they'd be crucified about that as well. It's a game of manipulation that has worked quite well.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
"We still are at these racial fault lines, and we want someone who will be able to think critically about those racial fault lines and how do we help heal, to restore the problems that have existed."
Hiring teachers who look like the students they teach simply helps ensure sensitivity about topics related to race, he said.
"We're all faced today with so much dysfunction and violence from young people, and that violence is simply because they don't know who they are, they don't know where they come from,"
The people seeking to block this teacher are what is wrong with us.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
The people seeking to block this teacher are what is wrong with us.
"We're all faced today with so much dysfunction and violence from young people, and that violence is simply because they don't know who they are, they don't know where they come from,"
This is the biggest crock of mess I've read in a long time. They're violent because they don't know who they are and where they come from? You've got to be kidding me. Wow. LOL!

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
The upside is that my daughter will receive no competition in life from the children of these "concerned citizens." While they teach their kids excuses and push a dumbed down curriculum, my daughter spends part of every day reading, writing, doing math drills, etc. And she has been taught from the beginning not to make excuses, since they won't be accepted in our house.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
The upside is that my daughter will receive no competition in life from the children of these "concerned citizens." While they teach their kids excuses and push a dumbed down curriculum, my daughter spends part of every day reading, writing, doing math drills, etc. And she has been taught from the beginning not to make excuses, since they won't be accepted in our house.
LOL! Yeah, and they have no idea that's what they're doing. They're doing more harm to those kids than good.

exiledNms

Hall of Fame
Aug 2, 2002
Hattiesburg, MS (USA)
I hear you, Bodhi. A professor friend of mine told a couple of us what he told a class at a university that shall remain nameless. He said he had just had it with the whining. He walked into class one day & opened with, "I'm glad there are students like you folks. Because if you're the competition, my kids are going to dominate!"
As he noted, that's the sort of thing one says when the next job is already lined up in another state. ;)

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
Unfortunately, the "quota" systems that are in place at most workplaces, will insure the dumbed down people in society will be right there beside the ones that earned the right to be there.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.