Link: Charlie Strong removes Longhorn logo from helmets

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
Now it will be "if we had our longhorn stickers" we would have won.

Actually I like what CCS is doing by letting them know they are not more important than the program.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
Forget the helmets, what about those hideous jerseys in the photos? I hope those are just for practice. They look like Okie State.

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
Our practice helmets don't have numbers or a white stripe down the middle...like our game helmets do.

So this isn't such a big deal. It's all psychological anyway...the traditional helmets will be there in a few weeks.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
Our practice helmets don't have numbers or a white stripe down the middle...like our game helmets do.

So this isn't such a big deal. It's all psychological anyway...the traditional helmets will be there in a few weeks.
Actually, they just haven't put the stripe and numbers on the helmets yet. They stay off during preseason practices.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
Did anyone read the article? It is just for practice and players have to "earn" them back. I assure you that everyone that dresses for week 1 will have "earned" them back.

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
Charlie Strong is doing exactly what he should be doing at Texas. They've felt like all they needed to do was show up for a LONG time. He's giving them a dose of wake the heck up. He's seriously earning my respect. And let me tell you, at a place like Texas that can recruit some very good talent, the discipline he's instilling (which is exactly what they've been lacking) will have them back in the title hunt within 3-4 years. If I were a Longhorn fan, I'd be through-the-roof ecstatic with what he's been doing.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.