Link: Multiple changes coming to ESPN's College Gameday

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
"The best college football conversation involving ESPN staffers last season failed to make the network’s airwaves. It took place last January inside a first floor conference room at The Langham Hotel in Pasadena on the day before the national championship game. Sitting around a conference table were a dozen boldfaced names in the sport, including Alabama coach Nick Saban, former Floridaquarterback Tim Tebow, and College GameDay regulars Lee Corso, Chris Fowler, Kirk Herbstreit, Desmond Howard and David Pollack. With ESPN’s College GameDay coordinating producer Lee Fitting serving in the role of James Lipton, the group discussed Florida State and Auburn for a solid two hours with no breaks. “I’ve been producing GameDay for 10 years and it was the best football conversation I have ever been around,” Fitting said."

http://www.si.com/more-sports/2014/0...side-the-lines

pluckngrit

Suspended
Nov 2, 2003
"The dream celebrity pickers once again include President Barack Obama and golfer Tiger Woods."

Brilliant, get two of the worlds most hated figures.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I really don't watch Gameday much at all where as I used to watch the entire segment every Saturday morning. Pretty much like the article states, it has gotten pretty monotonous over the years. I also have more to do now before the games start. I hardly ever sit in front of the TV from 8 AM to 11 PM like I used to. I still watch football almost all day Saturday but I've found starting when the first game starts rather than starting from Gameday helps keeps my eyes fresh etc.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
This is the best part - long live Coach Corso!!!

Corso, who turns 79 in August, is not going anywhere anytime soon. “This is a topic that I lose zero sleep over and spend little time thinking about,” Fitting said of Corso’s eventual replacement. “I don’t see him shutting it down anytime soon. He is in great health. At times his speech is slurred as he knows, we know and the viewer knows. To me, for what he brings to the show, the sport and the chemistry of the show, I can handle a handful of slurred words for everything else he brings.” • ESPN said the first week of GameDay will be the 240th headgear selection for Corso. His first-week record picking games is 9-6 all-time.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I really don't watch Gameday much at all where as I used to watch the entire segment every Saturday morning. Pretty much like the article states, it has gotten pretty monotonous over the years. I also have more to do now before the games start. I hardly ever sit in front of the TV from 8 AM to 11 PM like I used to. I still watch football almost all day Saturday but I've found starting when the first game starts rather than starting from Gameday helps keeps my eyes fresh etc.
same here. i used to watch and now i don't. i am usually biking during the time it is on. sometimes i will catch the picks and headgear.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
I used to camp out in front of the TV all day and watch GameDay and game after game. Would still like too if given the chance. However, now that I am a father of 2 young boys, I have a much higher calling on Saturday mornings like eating breakfast with them and playing catch.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Exactly..I watch GameDay to watch the interviews & for the interaction between Corso & Herbstreet..They have an awesome work relationship & you can sense that their relationshipe is more like a father & son type relationship..It's fun to watch them every Saturday on the set of GameDay..
Had to post this....the only reason to even watch Game Day is because of this man. We love you coach!

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Exactly..I watch GameDay to watch the interviews & for the interaction between Corso & Herbstreet..They have an awesome work relationship & you can sense that their relationship is more like a father & son type relationship..It's fun to watch them every Saturday on the set of Game Day..
Well said, Tideman. Herby and Coach Corso do have a close and special relationship - it's very apparent and not unlike father and son, indeed.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.