2016 Democrats Lining Up

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Hillary apparently has some pesky competition for the 2016 coronation for the Oval Office. So far the names emerging are Elizabeth Warren (Obama's apparent hand-picked choice), Joe Biden, Martin O'Malley, and California's Jerry Brown.

Quite a lineup to finish off Israel, football, the coal industry and common sense.

Did I leave anyone out of the mix? Can we get Marion Berry and Anthony Weiner in the mix, too?

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Elizabeth would further the class warfare divide. Apparently that's the playbook.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Hillary knows how to dig dirt like no other, while marginalizing, glorifying or simply fabricating her own life experiences, depending on which way the political winds are blowing. A Hillary-Warren fight would be fun to watch. Hillary will be 69 at the time of the 2016 election. After this election cycle, the Clinton Machine is done (for this generation). I can't imagine her tolerating any challenge to the Crown.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Hillary knows how to dig dirt like no other, while marginalizing, glorifying or simply fabricating her own life experiences, depending on which way the political winds are blowing. A Hillary-Warren fight would be fun to watch. Hillary will be 69 at the time of the 2016 election. After this election cycle, the Clinton Machine is done (for this generation). I can't imagine her tolerating any challenge to the Crown.
Hillary couldn't dig up enough to beat Obama, she'll likely have no chance against Warren. Like it or not, Warren is very smart and doesn't have the baggage Clinton does.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Hillary couldn't dig up enough to beat Obama, she'll likely have no chance against Warren. Like it or not, Warren is very smart and doesn't have the baggage Clinton does.
One thing that last election's GOP primary season demonstrated that in the end, it's about money and organization. That's how Romney weathered the initial storm; as for the other candidates, they had to keep winning to stay in the race.

That will be Hillary's chief strength if she decides to run. Biden has enough leverage inside the beltway that he could make things interesting, but he's got his goofball image to fight, plus the fact that he's pretty much in bed with the banking industry.

Last edited:

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
Hillary has the machinery, but she's a divisive candidate, even within her own party. I've been watching O'Malley position himself for months now, but hadn't though about Warren before now. She will need outside help, but so does everybody. The Democratic race might actually be interesting. If the DNC is smart, they won't hand it over to HC without at least taking a look around for better options.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Unless she severely stumbles, this is all very idle speculation as Clinton pretty much has it wrapped up. Its hers if she wants it and she does.

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
Unless she severely stumbles, this is all very idle speculation as Clinton pretty much has it wrapped up. Its hers if she wants it and she does.
I initially thought the same leading up to the 2008 race. HC had all her ducks lined up, but she is simply too polarizing. It is probable that brings a stronger plan to the table in 2016 (she's no novice), but if there is any significant dissension within upper ranks - such as Obama favoring Warren - it might not be pretty. Hillary gets shrill when attacked (hence the nickname Shrillary), which works against her with voters.

I do think the GOP is set to campaign against Hillary, and they have beaucoup ammunition. HC's baggage has baggage. In 2008 they seemed taken completely off guard by BO, with no idea how to wage a campaign against him. That trick could work again for an O'Malley or Warren.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.