The Joyless Triumph of Nick Saban (Finebaum book excerpt)

Capstone46

1st Team
Jun 5, 2000
Wow! The resemblance is incredible! I have seen both in person but never JT with glasses. Wishbone's description is even more accurate!

JamieSPC

1st Team
Aug 29, 2004
Maylene, AL
I like Paul, too, and he was always a good writer, but before we get all mushy about him: ESPN's Gene Wojciechowski worked on the book, too, and if you ever read his stuff (he is GENUINELY great) you will see his influence. In journalism circles, there is quite a bit of mockery going on regarding this book, and that this supposedly great writer (Finebaum) needed a ghost writer (Woj) to get a book out. I have no doubt the stories belong to Paul, but much of the great writing is Gene's.

No, I'm not Gene's agent. :)

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
Good post and good read. A couple of years ago I would have called him nuts to rank Saban ahead of Bear for winning a single game, and while I'd personally still have Bear ahead, the gap has closed and it is certainly a debatable topic, so no, at least this Bear loyalist does not think him crazy for suggesting this.

IMO one of the huge keys to Saban's success at Bama is this, "He isn't chasing Bear Bryant's shadow.".

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.