ISIS might have just stepped in it...

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Perhaps I'm jaded, but I don't buy that for a minute. As bad as Obama is, the republican party has been his equal since he was elected. Their continued actions are precisely why so many people (like me) have left the party.

They would have voted against it simply because he was for it.
CA the difference is that the Republicans are power hungry in the Status Quo. Obama is trying to flip the entire world on its axis....and doing an excellent job doing so.

The republicans for the most part are giant blowhards trying to look important. Obama may actually be trying to destroy the only peaceful superpower the world has ever known

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
CA the difference is that the Republicans are power hungry in the Status Quo. Obama is trying to flip the entire world on its axis....and doing an excellent job doing so.

The republicans for the most part are giant blowhards trying to look important. Obama may actually be trying to destroy the only peaceful superpower the world has ever known
I never equated them, just saying that Obama could cure cancer and while simultaneously solving our national debt issues and the republicans in DC would find something negative to say about it.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
the most oppressive of all Kingly oppressions

Regardless, instead of this spinning into a political one, let's keep it about the animals it was initially about.
I agree with you on the policy, especially since it appear the President's policy is to use limited air strikes to augment the US SF guys and the Iraqi military on the ground.

That said, 40 years ago, Democrats went ballistic when Nixon sent US troops into the VC sanctuaries in Cambodia. While I support the policy, I am less than please with how it was enacted and much more worried about the next time a President who feels he lacks congressional support decides to involve the US in an armed conflict anyway.
Lincoln foresaw this:
Lincoln in the 1840s said:
“Let me first state what I understand to be your position. It is, that if it shall become necessary, to repel invasion, the President may, without violation of the Constitution, cross the line and invade the territory of another country; and that whether such necessity exists in any given case, the President is to be the sole judge...But Allow the President to invade a neighboring nation, whenever he shall deem it necessary to repel an invasion, and you allow him to do so, whenever he may choose to say he deems it necessary for such purpose - and allow him to make war at pleasure…. If, to-day, he should choose to say he thinks it necessary to invade Canada, to prevent the British from invading us, how could you stop him? You may say to him, ‘I see no probability of the British invading us’ but he will say to you ‘be silent; I see it, if you don't.’ The provision of the Constitution giving the war-making power to Congress, was dictated, as I understand it, by the following reasons. Kings had always been involving and impoverishing their people in wars, pretending generally, if not always, that the good of the people was the object. This our Convention understood to be the most oppressive of all Kingly oppressions; and they resolved to so frame the Constitution that no one man should hold the power of bringing this oppression upon us. But your view destroys the whole matter, and places our President where kings have always stood.”
Plus, from a partisan political perspective, I believe that the Republicans would behave exactly the same way the Democrats did in 2002 with mid-terms approaching: they do not want to be seen as standing in the way of a President acting forcefully in the international arena. They'd vote for the use of force or face the music in November.

Last edited:

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I never equated them, just saying that Obama could cure cancer and while simultaneously solving our national debt issues and the republicans in DC would find something negative to say about it.
You mean he didn't cure cancer and solve the debt crisis?

;) -- listening to some of the die hards, you'd swear he had....

Okay, sorry -- back to the Egyptian Goddess of the Elements discussion.....

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Re: the most oppressive of all Kingly oppressions

Plus, from a partisan political perspective, I believe that the Republicans would behave exactly the same way the Democrats did in 2002 with mid-terms approaching: they do not want to be seen as standing in the way of a President acting forcefully in the international arena. They'd vote for the use of force or face the music in November.
Check out the link Earle just posted and I just do not believe any member of Congress with a shred of humanity would oppose military action to stop that behavior. I just cannot bring myself to believe that.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Re: the most oppressive of all Kingly oppressions

Check out the link Earle just posted and I just do not believe any member of Congress with a shred of humanity would oppose military action to stop that behavior. I just cannot bring myself to believe that.
I started to post that link in Brad's thread, but I was afraid that it would just get lost. I thought it deserved more attention...

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Looks like we finally have given the Kurds the weapons they were begging for. I'm very much against the Democracy Project that W., Rove, McCain, and Graham implemented and still cry for. Many Reps are against it too. That said, I'm all for killing these barbarians by arming the Kurds or flattening the hillsides. It is simply too dangerous to turn a blind eye to Islamists because two oceans aren't enough to "keep them over there."

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
ISIS is stronger and more well-funded than most anyone thought, it seems. I read the other day where they looted some $500 million in northern Iraq in the last week. That's some serious funding.
Tonight I heard they are selling around one million dollars (barrels? not sure which) of oil on the black market daily. They have already captured a lot of heavy weapons we gave to Iraq. We have to arm the Pesh for them to be able to secure their own territory, but it doesn't seem likely they will go any further than that.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Tonight I heard they are selling around one million dollars (barrels? not sure which) of oil on the black market daily. They have already captured a lot of heavy weapons we gave to Iraq. We have to arm the Pesh for them to be able to secure their own territory, but it doesn't seem likely they will go any further than that.
If we continue to pound them via air support (both manned and drones) we'll significantly weaken them, no matter how much cash they have. This pleases me.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
If we continue to pound them via air support (both manned and drones) we'll significantly weaken them, no matter how much cash they have. This pleases me.
Until they blend in with the local population, then that option is severely limited.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Well, in that case, we're winning - they can't act as they have and blend in.
They have already removed all of their black flags from their mobilized weaponry, and it won't be long, they will figure out that they can use the infidels as shields instead of murdering them.
Plain and simple, these are animals we are talking about here, and their extermination will not be easy. Bombing from planes and drones will only go so far, and it will not be enough; and the Kurds will stop when they have secured what they believe is theirs. Then what happens to the rest of Iraq is still very much in doubt; I'm not as worried about it as much as I am the Westerners in ISIL who will return to their homelands and wreak havoc, and I hate to say it but that day is coming, and the plans for what they will do either have already been made or are as we speak.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
They have already removed all of their black flags from their mobilized weaponry, and it won't be long, they will figure out that they can use the infidels as shields instead of murdering them.
Plain and simple, these are animals we are talking about here, and their extermination will not be easy. Bombing from planes and drones will only go so far, and it will not be enough; and the Kurds will stop when they have secured what they believe is theirs. Then what happens to the rest of Iraq is still very much in doubt; I'm not as worried about it as much as I am the Westerners in ISIL who will return to their homelands and wreak havoc, and I hate to say it but that day is coming, and the plans for what they will do either have already been made or are as we speak.
I get it - but there's evil all over the earth. Not our job to rectify all of it. It's the atrocious examples we have to stand up against, imo, like these pigs. If we force them to blend in, they will be unable to terrorize people at the same level, and will be unable to expand their holdings (and will, in time, lost much of it, imo).

IOW, we win.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.