ISIS might have just stepped in it...

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
As you predicted, twofbyc:
Frank Gardner, BBC Security Correspondent
The past 48 hours have seen some significant developments in the growing push-back against the jihadist forces of Islamic State. With no air force of its own, Islamic State has found its newly acquired vehicles and military hardware to be vulnerable to precision missile strikes by US aircraft. It's now moving them into residential areas.

At the same time but without any apparent coordination, Syria has also reportedly carried out air strikes on Islamic State militants around their base in Raqqa. This could be a cynical move by President Assad to try to show he is on the same side as the Americans against extremism.

Then thirdly, in Iraq's Anbar province there are reports that Sunni tribesmen are once more moving against the jihadists, in the same way as they did in 2007.

However, it will take far more than this to unravel the enormous recent gains Islamic State has made across so much of the Middle East.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-28826349

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I'd kidnap his family and start making a few videos myself. The KGB did that in the 80's and they haven't been targeted much lately. In fact they took a relative of the Hezzbolah leader who had kidnapped 4 Soviet embassy employees (and killed one) and cut his junk off and mailed it to the leader. Next they sent his body with a nice hole in the noggin. A note attached to the body said to expect more relatives in the form of care packages soon. The other remaining hostages were dropped off at the Soviet embassy within a couple of hours. Funny how terrorists can't handle terror when it is a two-way street. Just sayin.

Watch "Unthinkable" with Samuel L. Jackson. I think the time for diplomacy has long since gone. It is time to fight terror with terror.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I'd kidnap his family and start making a few videos myself. The KGB did that in the 80's and they haven't been targeted much lately. In fact they took a relative of the Hezzbolah leader who had kidnapped 4 Soviet embassy employees (and killed one) and cut his junk off and mailed it to the leader. Next they sent his body with a nice hole in the noggin. A note attached to the body said to expect more relatives in the form of care packages soon. The other remaining hostages were dropped off at the Soviet embassy within a couple of hours. Funny how terrorists can't handle terror when it is a two-way street. Just sayin.

Watch "Unthinkable" with Samuel L. Jackson. I think the time for diplomacy has long since gone. It is time to fight terror with terror.
Well it may be effective sometimes, but it's against the law to do it here and, if we could and did, we'd become them and I don't want to, nor do I think most people do...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Maybe with Obama on an extended vacation the JCS made an "executive" decision. We can dream.
Presidential vacations aren't like ours. They work constantly, even on the golf course. The guy who told me that was the email manager for the White House. I used to golf with him when he'd come through town, visiting his son who lives here. In fact, we golfed on 9/12, right after the attack. He'd called back to see if they needed him to return, but they didn't - yet. Then there's the Nancy Reagan quote about presidents not going on vacation, they just get a change of scenery. She was dead on...

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Well it may be effective sometimes, but it's against the law to do it here and, if we could and did, we'd become them and I don't want to, nor do I think most people do...
With all due respect that's not accurate. They do this as a provocation and we'd do it as a reaction. They only understand one language and it ain't spoken at the UN. This sounds like the argument of those who say Israel's reaction in Gaza is no different than what Hamas is doing.

Now if just indiscriminately started doing what they did just for kicks and giggles then we'd be like them. Frankly the moral equivalence argument disgusts me. We have never been and never will be "like them".

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
With all due respect that's not accurate. They do this as a provocation and we'd do it as a reaction. They only understand one language and it ain't spoken at the UN. This sounds like the argument of those who say Israel's reaction in Gaza is no different than what Hamas is doing.

Now if just indiscriminately started doing what they did just for kicks and giggles then we'd be like them. Frankly the moral equivalence argument disgusts me. We have never been and never will be "like them".
I'm not going to go digging through the USC to show the statute, but it was placed in the code to insure that no US government can commit an act specifically forbidden in the US, i. e. murder, so it is accurate...

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Presidential vacations aren't like ours. They work constantly, even on the golf course. The guy who told me that was the email manager for the White House. I used to golf with him when he'd come through town, visiting his son who lives here. In fact, we golfed on 9/12, right after the attack. He'd called back to see if they needed him to return, but they didn't - yet. Then there's the Nancy Reagan quote about presidents not going on vacation, they just get a change of scenery. She was dead on...
Some Presidents prefer to work from the golf course 217 times in 6 years.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Some Presidents prefer to work from the golf course 217 times in 6 years.
Is he good enough yet to turn Pro and play against the best. Does he play more than the Pros do? Maybe he'll save this country by retiring from his current position and turn Pro. After all, his current position is interfering with his golf game.

gmart74

Hall of Fame
Oct 9, 2005
Baltimore, Md
I think once you make the decision to engage, then you do it full bore. You kill, maim, and slaughter anything that even looks close to being the enemy. You keep at it until morale improves. Hopefully it dissuades the next group from making the same mistake.

Every noble and virtuous society has been protected by people who are willing to sink below the level of the enemy.

Last edited:

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
I think once you make the decision to engage, then you do it full bore. You kill, maim, and slaughter anything that even looks close to being the enemy. You keep at it until morale improves. Hopefully it dissuades the next group from making the same mistake.

Every noble and virtuous society has been protected by people who are willing to sink below the level of the enemy.
General Pershing allegedly had an interesting philosophy on dealing with Muslim insurgents.

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL

That's right. We need them on that wall.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.