ISIS might have just stepped in it...

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Whoever is in power will abuse whoever is not in power. Supporting one of them over the other is how we got Saddam, who is looking more and more like a good option compared to the alternatives.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Whoever is in power will abuse whoever is not in power. Supporting one of them over the other is how we got Saddam, who is looking more and more like a good option compared to the alternatives.
As I've said before. There was a reason Saddam ruled the way he did. He had to.

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
Can someone summarize? I couldn't get the page to load...
SHANGAL—Kurdish Peshmerga forces have entered Shangal, said military officials, and they have cornered militants of the Islamic State in parts of the town.

Rudaw reporter in the area said that units from the 10,000-strong Peshmarga force who had encircled the town earlier in the day are now in the town center and try to rout the Islamic militants.

Rudaw reporter says that the Peshmerga have made progress in their counteroffensive near Zumar where they intend to cut off the IS militants from retreating into Syria.

The Kurdish forces went on the offensive on Sunday after Islamic militants captured Shangal 200 kilometers west of Erbil.

“We decided to go on the offensive and fight the terrorists to the last breath,” said Kurdistan Region President Massoud Barzani Monday afternoon. “We have ordered the Peshmerga to attack the terrorists and enemies of Kurdistan with all their power.”

Earlier in the day, Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki ordered the Iraqi air force to assist the Peshmerga in their fight against the IS militants.

Unofficial sources told Rudaw that members of the Peoples Protection Units (YPG) have joined the Peshmerga fight against the Islamic militants. Ten Kurdish volunteer fighters were also reported to have reached Shangal from Turkey.
The Kurds have had enough.

Silverback

1st Team
Oct 5, 2010
Oak Grove
I fought beside the Pesh on the northern front of the invasion. They are good fighters but they have some of the same religion-based handicaps as the people they are fighting. I have had Kurds follow me in an assault without the benefit of a weapon or body armor.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I fought beside the Pesh on the northern front of the invasion. They are good fighters but they have some of the same religion-based handicaps as the people they are fighting. I have had Kurds follow me in an assault without the benefit of a weapon or body armor.
Now that's sobering. I had considered them to be more rational than the Arabs...

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
If Wikipedia is correct, the Pesh number about 200,000, and Isis is maybe a tenth of that number.

If the Kurds get their dander up, the Isis looneys will be crushed.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.