Tuesday, August 5 Practice Updates

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
Thanks. You know, it occurs to me that if I lived in one of those apartments in the background of these photos, I'd probably spend a lot of time out on the balcony with binoculars.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
"Strength and conditioning coach Scott Cochran lurked around the RB group as it went through individual drills Tuesdays as the players carried a football high and tight in each arm. Cochran tried to punch the footballs out of their grasp when they weren't looking."

This cracked me up 'cause I'm visualizing him sneaking up and trying to punch the football loose and yelling 'YEA YEA YEA YEAH!!!!!!'

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Man Trey looks a little pudgy in that picture. I don't see how he is going to take over the role of CJ. I just don't think he can cover ground like CJ could and play in the nickel and dime packages as effectively.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
"Strength and conditioning coach Scott Cochran lurked around the RB group as it went through individual drills Tuesdays as the players carried a football high and tight in each arm. Cochran tried to punch the footballs out of their grasp when they weren't looking."

This cracked me up 'cause I'm visualizing him sneaking up and trying to punch the football loose and yelling 'YEA YEA YEA YEAH!!!!!!'
I had the same kind of thought. I am glad they are putting so much emphasis on ball security. As we all know that has certainly been a problem the last few years.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Man Trey looks a little pudgy in that picture. I don't see how he is going to take over the role of CJ. I just don't think he can cover ground like CJ could and play in the nickel and dime packages as effectively.
Photos can play tricks. Remember last year when "Eddie Lacy is fat"! Trey's bulkier than CJ but he does all right. Ragland is the kid I'm fired up about. That guy is all over the field.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I've noticed a full bottle of Coca Cola on the podium at all press conferences: Coach Saban's as well as the two Coordinators. Last year, I saw Coach bring in a bottle of water or one was already on the podium for him. At one press conference this year he had a styrofoam cup of coffee. No one seems to be drinking from that bottle.

Has something changed since last year with Coke sponsoring football?

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Trey played LB in the nickel last year also so we're ok there, but I don't think the plan is for him to be like CJ. Trey was mike and CJ was will. TD will likely stay at will and it looks like Lee is in the mix for nickel will. TD did come off the field in dime, so we'll have to see if he slides over to that spot or if someone like Lee ends up being that guy.

Capstone46

1st Team
Jun 5, 2000
Al A Bama....nothing has changed with Coke this year with Alabama football. Coke holds the exclusive pouring rights within BDS until May '18 ( from May '08) They are also a major advertiser with Crimson Tide Sports Marketing so therefore the Coke bottle on the podium. You will see CNS drinking from a water bottle occasionally, or one on the podium, which is Dasani water - which is also a coke product. Red Diamond coffee/ tea/ cocoa has the exclusive pouring rights within BDS for coffee but who knows what brand is in CNS' styrofoam cup.....I have seen other brands by personal preferences in different offices.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
We shouldn't compare CJ to DePriest. It's a little unfair to expect everyone to be that good. What we do have this year (imo) is more quality players at MLB that are ready to play. I think Foster and Ragland are going to make big impacts this season (literally and figuratively).

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
We shouldn't compare CJ to DePriest. It's a little unfair to expect everyone to be that good. What we do have this year (imo) is more quality players at MLB that are ready to play. I think Foster and Ragland are going to make big impacts this season (literally and figuratively).
I agree I have been hearing Hamilton is looking very good in the middle as well.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.