Anybody Overly Concerned With A. Robinson`s Absence?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Not really since he's expected to be back in a few days.

@DrewDALIntel
BREAKING: Per my best source, DL A'Shawn Robinson missed the workout this morning due to having a minor injury checked out; not serious

@DrewDALIntel A'Shawn should be ready for the season opener vs. WVU; should only miss a few practices

@DrewDALIntel Further word: A'Shawn Robinson got rolled up yesterday in practice; was a knee or ankle; very fortunate it was not more severe!

@DrewDALIntel Clarification on A'Shawn Robinson: Confirmed now: knee; ACL was first feared; further evaluation: sprained MCL

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Not really since he's expected to be back in a few days.

@DrewDALIntel
BREAKING: Per my best source, DL A'Shawn Robinson missed the workout this morning due to having a minor injury checked out; not serious

@DrewDALIntel A'Shawn should be ready for the season opener vs. WVU; should only miss a few practices

@DrewDALIntel Further word: A'Shawn Robinson got rolled up yesterday in practice; was a knee or ankle; very fortunate it was not more severe!

@DrewDALIntel Clarification on A'Shawn Robinson: Confirmed now: knee; ACL was first feared; further evaluation: sprained MCL
Thanks `91. Hadn`t heard all that. Glad its not another disciplinary issue. No injury is good, just happy it`s not serious.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Still not good. Yes it could have been worse but you normally just don't come back from a sprained MCL in a few weeks at 100%. Will also put him behind in strength and conditioning. At least we are deep on the d-line. Depending on the severity of the sprain, I would probably expect him back full strength around the mid-point of the season.

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama
Last edited:

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Still not good. Yes it could have been worse but you normally just don't come back from a sprained MCL in a few weeks at 100%. Will also put him behind in strength and conditioning. At least we are deep on the d-line. Depending on the severity of the sprain, I would probably expect him back full strength around the mid-point of the season.
Same thing a doctor friend told me earlier.... Even a mild MCL sprain would probably take 2-3 weeks to recover from 100%. The good news is we still have 3+ weeks until our first game so, he could sit 2 weeks and just rehab and still be able to practice 6 or 7 times before the game.

I'd much rather have him sit the first game or two than play on a bum leg all season. We can beat WVU and FAU without him.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Same thing a doctor friend told me earlier.... Even a mild MCL sprain would probably take 2-3 weeks to recover from 100%. The good news is we still have 3+ weeks until our first game so, he could sit 2 weeks and just rehab and still be able to practice 6 or 7 times before the game.

I'd much rather have him sit the first game or two than play on a bum leg all season. We can beat WVU and FAU without him.
It similar to the Eddie Jackson situation. I don't expect Eddie to be full speed till about mid season. He may be out there running straight line but I really doubt he could fully accelerate and then cut on a dime and then jump off of that knee. That is really what he has to be able to do to be back at 100%. Eddie's injury is more detrimental than A'shawn's IMO. I believe Eddie was our best corner and I don't think anyone was really close to him. A'shawn is probably are best d-lineman but we have 3 or 4 other very capable d-lineman who have game experience that can help fill that void.

ChattTide

All-SEC
Jul 20, 2000
Memphis, TN
Marc Gasol of our hometown Memphis Grizzlies in the NBA injured his knee around Thanksgiving last year; sprained MCL. It was a pretty serious sprain and he was out about 4-6 weeks. Hopefully Robinson's injury is not as severe.

Just passing along known info of something similar.

Here's to quick healing!!
Roll Tide!!
ChattTide

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

This. Sit him IMHO. We`ll really need him soon enough.

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011
wvu will have an excellent run game this year so rather not have so many potential defensive line issues but would rather a 100% AR for the gators than potentially lose him for the season to injury

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.