Link: Spurrier concerned about "too much" access by SEC Network

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I remember reading Mack Brown's complaints about the level of access the Longhorn Network had. But, what an egotistical network that is! Of course they had to have too much coverage of the Texas program, and I can understand it being both a drain on the coaching staff, and revealing too much. But, the SEC Network is spread out over 14 programs. I imagine the benefits will far outweigh the downsides in that case, since it won't be overly burdensome for the coaching staffs to draw the line.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Hopefully they will strike a balance that makes sense.

I love the potential for more coverage and insights. Look at that video I posted the other day with Coach Saban and G-Mac discussing film. Would love to have more of that, please.

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
The linked article does not include the quote listed in this thread title. Did Spurrier say that or not? The only similar quote I see is "They probably get a little bit better access than most people.”. Did they change up the article/

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
The linked article does not include the quote listed in this thread title. Did Spurrier say that or not? The only similar quote I see is "They probably get a little bit better access than most people.”. Did they change up the article/
I would find it funny for him to have said this given that he constantly gripes about how ESPN doesn't find their way to Columbia very often. He seriously has made a stink about it in regards to Gameday, signing day (cause there was an ESPN crew at Clemson), and just general lack of exposure of USC.

bamahippie

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2000
Cullman, AL
Is it just me, or has Spurrier been a little more friskier the last few weeks than he has in a while?

The cockier he is, the better his teams seem to be, so we'll see if that ship has sailed.

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
I would find it funny for him to have said this given that he constantly gripes about how ESPN doesn't find their way to Columbia very often. He seriously has made a stink about it in regards to Gameday, signing day (cause there was an ESPN crew at Clemson), and just general lack of exposure of USC.
I can believe he would say something like that, I just cannot find anything in the article where he said it, or anything similar to that.

hokiefan10

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 17, 2013
Is it just me, or has Spurrier been a little more friskier the last few weeks than he has in a while?

The cockier he is, the better his teams seem to be, so we'll see if that ship has sailed.

Not really sure why he is so cocky this year... I think they will be 9-3.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
In the pre-season, I'm prone to dream big. I imagine all kinds of success for the team. The crazy aspect since Saban got here is the team can often out-do your dreams. (When we humiliated Notre Dang for the title, I thought...it can't get any better than this.)

My big dream this year would be to see an undefeated Saban team beat an undefeated Spurrier team in Atlanta. That would make a most excellent prelude to the next two games.

scrodz

1st Team
Jan 29, 2008
Baltimore, MD
We're making too many concessions to TV networks. Anyone miss the Third Saturday in October? Only a matter of time 'til they roll out the reality shows...

Superdad

1st Team
Sep 17, 2009
In the pre-season, I'm prone to dream big. I imagine all kinds of success for the team. The crazy aspect since Saban got here is the team can often out-do your dreams. (When we humiliated Notre Dang for the title, I thought...it can't get any better than this.)

My big dream this year would be to see an undefeated Saban team beat an undefeated Spurrier team in Atlanta. That would make a most excellent prelude to the next two games.
And then meet an undefeated Oklahoma team in the championship game. (But we know Bob will blow it, don't we?)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.