Kevin Norwood Has Bone Spur Surgery. Will Miss All Of The Pre-Season.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
We have three players on the Seattle roster-Jessie Williams, James Carpenter, and Norwood.
Jessie's out for the year with knee surgery, Norwood's out for the pre-season with foot surgery, and Carpenter's missing practice because of an injury.
Sometimes I wonder if our guys, after three or four years of going head to head and getting beaten to death by other NFL type bodies, in practice at Bama, aren't worn out for the next level.
It seems that way to a degree, but what is the option? Not practice?
I have no clue.
But Lord knows, our guys leaving our program sure seem to be banged up once they get to the pro's.
sip

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Jesse Williams is out again for this year? I know he missed all of last year, but I didn't know about this year. That stinks.

lhead2466

Scout Team
Aug 22, 2008
I have a good friend who lives in Seattle and is a season ticket holder. He says Carpenter could play now if it was regular season and they are just being cautious and bringing him along slowly. As far as Norwood is concerned he says Carroll loves him and his work ethic and they just want to get him well. He says Norwood has a spot and no reason to be concerned there.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I have a good friend who lives in Seattle and is a season ticket holder. He says Carpenter could play now if it was regular season and they are just being cautious and bringing him along slowly. As far as Norwood is concerned he says Carroll loves him and his work ethic and they just want to get him well. He says Norwood has a spot and no reason to be concerned there.
That's certainly good to hear, at least for me. Thanks! sip

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Hate that this happened to him. He is one of my all time favorites and I hope he bounces back. I'd love to see him making clutch catches in the NFL.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Well, that sucks! I love me some Kevin Norwood and will be happy to watch him play on Sundays once he's all healed up.
They're really high on him and he shined at the rookie camp. The Seattle press was raving about his ability to make the tough catch and were writing that Kevin's the taller type of receiver the Seahawks have needed in the red zone. He' barely 6'2, but still, their other receivers are primarily short fast guys.
Still, as Cullman Tide said, they're trying to get him well and that tells me that they'll probably keep him on the roster. I just want him to make the final cut so he can make his contract money.
It's not guaranteed unless he makes the team.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.