My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Al.com Rates Alabama and Auburn's Top 5 Recruiting "Misses"

Some of these shouldn't classify as "misses." A guy that only one or two schools wanted doesn't count as a miss. A miss is a guy like Winston.

Honorable mentions
    5. Trey Flowers
    4. Ameer Abdullah
    3. Jimmie Ward
    2. Jordan Matthews
    1. Jameis Winston
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

2. Advertisement

Re: Al.com Rates Alabama and Auburn's Top 5 Recruiting "Misses"

We didn't miss anything on # 1.

BamaNation All-SEC bamagradinATL's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Whoever lit this together is off low intelligence. I can understand guys on the list who you never offered, but to put someone on the list you heavily recruited just baffles me.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Some of these shouldn't classify as "misses." A guy that only one or two schools wanted doesn't count as a miss. A miss is a guy like Winston.

Honorable mentions
    5. Trey Flowers
    4. Ameer Abdullah
    3. Jimmie Ward
    2. Jordan Matthews
    1. Jameis Winston
    The "miss" on Winston was a blessing in disguise.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Winston was a miss only in talent. Personally, I'm happy to see him as a poison on someone else's team. I can definitely see Matthews as a miss, but I wonder if he would have put up the crazy stats that he did if he had been on a team where he wasn't the only quality receiver. If these 5 are our biggest misses, I'd personally say we are doing alright.
    Formerly BamaBomber

BamaNation First Team BamasTide's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

To me a miss is more like a guy that de-committed. Keenan Allen comes to my mind in that regard.

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

I think Winston was a miss. For it to be a miss, the player needed to be wanted/rated highly. Nobody had no idea Ward would be as good as he is.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by gamersfuel View Post
    I think Winston was a miss. For it to be a miss, the player needed to be wanted/rated highly. Nobody had no idea Ward would be as good as he is.
    I agree. Al.com's staff did not say what classifies as a "miss." They appear to be naming successful college players from Alabama rather than looking at if either staff wanted the player.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

(In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation All-SEC CrimsonTheory's Avatar
    My Mood
    Brooding on TideFans.com

Jordan Matthews is the only one that Bama truly missed on. Why isn't Phillip Rivers, Walter Jones and Earl Bennett not included on players that Alabama schools missed on?
    the former CrimsonBleedRed.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTheory View Post
    Jordan Matthews is the only one that Bama truly missed on. Why isn't Phillip Rivers, Walter Jones and Earl Bennett not included on players that Alabama schools missed on?
    This is only players from 2009 to 2013.
    Coach Bryant