****2014 Crown Jewel Countdown: #15 - WR, Cameron Sims****

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL

Scouting Report
Big, physical receiver with EXCELLENT hands who can move the chains and go up & get it in traffic. Could use some bulking up, but is already tough just as he is. Still because of ridiculous depth in front of him, right this way Mr. Sims

BigEasyTider's Take
Very big on Sims for all of the obvious reasons. He's a big, physical kid with good hands and good speed, and who excelled even while playing against a high level of competition. What more could you want out of a wide receiver prospect? Oh, he also enrolled early, too, which helps his cause tremendously.

Biggest problem for Sims now is the surrounding circumstances, notably a crowded depth chart at wide receiver. Not sure if we try to get him on the field this year or not, though I think there is a real concern with the staff that he's too talented to stick around the full five years, so they may go ahead and get what they can out of him. Don't expect we will see his name called a lot this fall, but if he can stay healthy he's likely a mainstay of the WR rotation from 2015-2017.

runtheoption22's Take
I thought it was rather humorous about how we heard all the talk that LSU didn't want him. The kid is a stud. Great size and speed. Great hands. Uses his body good and will get better at that. Ranking at #15 in our countdown says a lot about this class.

WMack4Bama's Take
The kid has been compared by some to Julio Jones. Let's pump the brakes there. He's nowhere near where Julio was at this juncture in terms of physicality and break away speed. But that's not to say that Sims isn't an exceptional player.

In the high school all-star games that he participated in, two of the top DBs in the country (Marlon Humphrey and Adoree Jackson) could do NOTHING with him. They couldn't cover him at all. Not necessarily because of his route running, but because of his ability to "Moss" a DB as the young players call it, meaning the ability to go up in traffic to get the ball at its highest point and bring it in.

Still, though, with 3 guys who will be playing on Sundays next year in front of him along with the likes of Chris Black, Robert Foster, and ArDarius Stewart, he'll have to wait until next season to display arsenal. In the interim, two things that he can definitely stand to sharpen are his route running skills and his concentration/consistency.

Last edited by a moderator:

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
Cam Sims is a huge part of this class. If for no other reason at all, he helped bring over Hootie Jones and Cam Robinson, who in turned helped bring over Ronnie Clark. Cam Sims was the first domino.
Having said that, I think he is very underrated. He is a baller. No exceptional size, speed, or hands, but he will battle every play.

MN-Tide

1st Team
Jan 2, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
As I recall, he was ranked in the top 100 by several recruiting services. That he would be #15 on the countdown is nothing short of amazing.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Cam Sims is a huge part of this class. If for no other reason at all, he helped bring over Hootie Jones and Cam Robinson, who in turned helped bring over Ronnie Clark. Cam Sims was the first domino.
Having said that, I think he is very underrated. He is a baller. No exceptional size, speed, or hands, but he will battle every play.
Cam has exceptional size for a receiver and can go up and get it. I like the bigger WR's we have brought in the past couple of classes.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.