"I bought every pie to spite that whining brat"

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
23 pies is going to ensure that the original jerk is quite hefty
Oh, he's probably a liberal Democrat who gave them all away to the poor.

Come to think of it, I don't know any liberal Democrats smart enough to think that stunt up on the spot, LOL!!!!

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

Come to think of it, I don't know any liberal Democrats smart enough to think that stunt up on the spot, LOL!!!!
No, a liberal democrat would have suggested someone else buy the pies and give them away and chastised and berated you if you didn't.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

I'd be surprised. Liberals of any description prefer to spend other people's money. When it comes to their own cash, they turn predictably conservative...and indignant about the whole thing. See Nancy Pelosi, Hillary Clinton, and Bob Kerry. Incidentally, Kerry married the widow of the Heinz fortune.

Who, by the way, was vocally conservative until she married Kerry, when, being rich and pretty much invulnerable, she switched to being equally vocally liberal. How conveeeeeniennnttt.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
Most of the time I read stories like this, my skeptic bell goes off. Maybe it did happen exactly as he said, maybe not.

A lot of times people think of the perfect comeback or a great witty response well after the fact, so on Facebook/ Reddit/ social media, they get to play out their hero fantasy to the adoration of their readers /friends. It's rather funny when someone calls them out on it.

I agree with the above poster with the sketchiness of a 'news' organization using sources like this for actual news.
Same. It just doesn't sound like a believable story. It's a perfect storm of odd behavior right down to the cashier.

"Who bought all the pies?"

"It was that man right there."

Nah, not buying it. If you run out of pies you're not gonna say "That man just bought them all." You'd say, "Sorry but we ran out." And even if the cashier did say "Someone just bought them all," there's no way they'd point out the customer that did.

The dialogue, the absurd behavior, none of it matches up. It came from Reddit. It's a great piece of fiction, but that's about it.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
Same. It just doesn't sound like a believable story. It's a perfect storm of odd behavior right down to the cashier.

"Who bought all the pies?"

"It was that man right there."

Nah, not buying it. If you run out of pies you're not gonna say "That man just bought them all." You'd say, "Sorry but we ran out." And even if the cashier did say "Someone just bought them all," there's no way they'd point out the customer that did.

The dialogue, the absurd behavior, none of it matches up. It came from Reddit. It's a great piece of fiction, but that's about it.
Not to mention the story-teller is the hero in the story.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
The customer in front of me at my favorite barbecue place was arguing with my favorite cashier about being charged $1.50 he wasn't expecting because he didn't pay sufficient attention to the menu and how many sides come with a meal. He was being belligerent and rude, and kept repeating accusations of deliberate deception which were of course untrue. Finally she refunded his $1.50 so he would just leave and stop holding up the line.

I always order the same thing, and always tip the same amount, except this time I added $1.50 to the normal amount. She laughed and said "You didn't have to do that." "And you shouldn't have to put up with that."

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
The customer in front of me at my favorite barbecue place was arguing with my favorite cashier about being charged $1.50 he wasn't expecting because he didn't pay sufficient attention to the menu and how many sides come with a meal. He was being belligerent and rude, and kept repeating accusations of deliberate deception which were of course untrue. Finally she refunded his $1.50 so he would just leave and stop holding up the line.

I always order the same thing, and always tip the same amount, except this time I added $1.50 to the normal amount. She laughed and said "You didn't have to do that." "And you shouldn't have to put up with that."
Anyone who has ever worked restaurants - or customer service anywhere, basically - can tell oodles of those stories. People can be pretty rude, and it seems to combine easily with ignorance...

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida

I just dont' understand some people. Fighting over $1.50? Why waste your time/energy/dignity/etc. over pennies?

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
I just dont' understand some people. Fighting over $1.50? Why waste your time/energy/dignity/etc. over pennies?
I imagine if you asked him, he would say it is not about the money, it is the principle, and I can respect that. The problem is he was just plain wrong about what he thought he was standing up for. It's ok to be a confused old man, but you don't have to be mean about it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.