"I bought every pie to spite that whining brat"

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
http://www.click2houston.com/news/m...at-burger-king-to-spite-whining-brat/27351434

A Reddit user posted to a thread labeled, "offmychest" detailing the story of how he was waiting to order at a local Burger King in Montreal, Canada. As he waited, a kid in line behind him continued to whine and scream that he, "Wanted a pie," much to the annoyance of the man and others in line.

When it was the man's turn to order, he purchased his lunch in addition to every last pie in the store, which totaled 23 pies. He then walked out of the Burger King, stopping only to see the angered mother and child's reaction as they were told that the restaurant had just sold out of pie.

A little childish on the guy's part...still a little funny too.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
Nothing like a grown man showing up a seven year old.
Or a news site reposting a reddit post for an article.

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
i guess the internet prompts it a little bit, but there seem to be an awful lot of people who pride themselves in being jerks
Honestly, I am not sure there are enough people willing to call others out on their BS behavior. I understand the lady is likely just trying to get through a busy day and would like nothing more than a little peace and quiet. I get it, sometimes you are just too tired to deal with correcting behavior and give in simply because you don't have the energy to fight. However, kids sometimes need to be reminded that they aren't the precious little princesses that their parents allow them to believe themselves to be and that not everyone has to put up with it.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Honestly, I am not sure there are enough people willing to call others out on their BS behavior. I understand the lady is likely just trying to get through a busy day and would like nothing more than a little peace and quiet. I get it, sometimes you are just too tired to deal with correcting behavior and give in simply because you don't have the energy to fight. However, kids sometimes need to be reminded that they aren't the precious little princesses that their parents allow them to believe themselves to be and that not everyone has to put up with it.
and sometimes kids are just massive pains in the arse and act like fools regardless of what the parent does. still doesn't justify being a jerk about it.

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
and sometimes kids are just massive pains in the arse and act like fools regardless of what the parent does. still doesn't justify being a jerk about it.
You call it being a jerk, I call it consequences of ones actions. Better to learn it early that whining and treating people like crap can keep you from getting a pie instead of learning that acting like a jerk might earn you a beat down when you are 18 and aren't just some cute whining 7 year old.

For context, there was more to the story than what was posted in the article, as I read it yesterday on reddit before it blew up and was subsequently deleted. The mother was being particularly nasty. This wasn't merely something done because the kid was whining. If I recall correctly, it wasn't until the mother behaved in a particularly poor manner that they guy became resolved to buy all the pies.

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
Most of the time I read stories like this, my skeptic bell goes off. Maybe it did happen exactly as he said, maybe not.

A lot of times people think of the perfect comeback or a great witty response well after the fact, so on Facebook/ Reddit/ social media, they get to play out their hero fantasy to the adoration of their readers /friends. It's rather funny when someone calls them out on it.

I agree with the above poster with the sketchiness of a 'news' organization using sources like this for actual news.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
You call it being a jerk, I call it consequences of ones actions. Better to learn it early that whining and treating people like crap can keep you from getting a pie instead of learning that acting like a jerk might earn you a beat down when you are 18 and aren't just some cute whining 7 year old.
the same thing could be said of the adult that bought the pies. honestly, i dont really care about the details of what happened, i was mainly pointing out how much people like to advertise what world-class jerks they are and they somehow think it makes them look clever/witty/etc.

regardless, i cannot stand noisy, whiny kids (even mine sometimes), but, i also am an adult enough to realize that they are kids and not insert myself into an already crappy situation just to make myself feel good/important

AV8N

1st Team
Sep 18, 2013
I'm too cheap for that, especially when you consider that the mom probably just waddled across the street to McD's and bought them a pie.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.