NCAA Board Approves Autonomy - Power 5 Conferences Get More Power

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

Superdad

1st Team
Sep 17, 2009
Athletic dorms haven't gone anywhere.
I guess what I mean is all of the football players used to reside in Bryant Hall, didn't they? There's some reason that most of them live off campus now. I've been hearing for years on the radio that "if they'd just bring back athletic dorms, some of the problems with players getting in trouble would go away". What am I missing?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I guess what I mean is all of the football players used to reside in Bryant Hall, didn't they? There's some reason that most of them live off campus now. I've been hearing for years on the radio that "if they'd just bring back athletic dorms, some of the problems with players getting in trouble would go away". What am I missing?
Players still live in Bryant Hall. Some live in apartments or houses. The mindset that "players going to act right if they live in a campus dorm" is fairly misguided. Eddie Williams lived in a campus dorm. How'd that work out?

News didn't get out the way it does today during the days of the majority of players living in dorms. Therefor, folks are convinced that is the solution to players acting up.

Superdad

1st Team
Sep 17, 2009
Players still live in Bryant Hall. Some live in apartments or houses. The mindset that "players going to act right if they live in a campus dorm" is fairly misguided. Eddie Williams lived in a campus dorm. How'd that work out?

News didn't get out the way it does today during the days of the majority of players living in dorms. Therefor, folks are convinced that is the solution to players acting up.
I tend to agree with you. Although, it may cut down on some of the 3 am arrests. My point was, didn't the NCAA pass a rule that restricted the numbers that could live in the dorm, maybe only freshmen? Something changed in the early '90's, didn't it?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.