NFL Pre-season Games updates (8/7/13)

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
They probably don't either, which is why they continue to do it.

Hard to believe someone gets paid $$$$ to do stuff like that.

One more reason not to pay attention to the NFL.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
That's how it is in the NFL now. I still enjoy watching but prefer the way football in general used to be..
that was a terrific game still. congrats to anyone who had Matt Ryan on their fantasy team

and a special thank you to Chip Kelly for winning today and keeping me in the eliminator challenge.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Actually, as far as two good teams playing each other go, this score an an anomaly. Usually, those scores are something like 17-21 or 21-24.
Its not really about the score but about each QB having 400-500 yards passing. Defenses are handcuffed by the new rules and style of play..

lelandhorne

1st Team
Sep 21, 2013
Its not really about the score but about each QB having 400-500 yards passing. Defenses are handcuffed by the new rules and style of play..
I think that's a cop out. Modern DBs just aren't as good as they used to be. The salary cap of the NFL doesn't help matters either, a prospective DB will be far more likely to become a receiver or RB because he stands to make a much larger pay check in the salary capped NFL.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I think that's a cop out. Modern DBs just aren't as good as they used to be. The salary cap of the NFL doesn't help matters either, a prospective DB will be far more likely to become a receiver or RB because he stands to make a much larger pay check in the salary capped NFL.
This statement shows your lack of knowledge about the NFL. Top corners make more than top running backs. There wasn't a single running back that went first round in the draft last year just to show you how the value of that position has gone down. Offenses are able to put up more points/yards than ever because of the rule changes. Specifically not allowing DBs to "jam" receivers as much as they used to or hit offensive players like they used to..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.