NFL Pre-season Games updates (8/7/13)

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
I love football regardless. But because Bama is my team I can enjoy the NFL without having favorites. IMO there is more passion in college football while in the NFL it's more "play not to lose."

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Atlanta vs. Miami

Julio isn't playing. They're not gonna risk him in a meaningless pre-season game.
Haven't heard Javy or Mike Johnson's (who got into a scuffle with one another in practice earlier this week) yet.

Saints vs. Rams

As alluded to, Ingy is looking good so far. 3 carries for 30 yds on the 1st drive.

And I'm keeping an eye out for The Classy One who should be suiting up for the Rams this year.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Atlanta vs. Miami

Julio isn't playing. They're not gonna risk him in a meaningless pre-season game.
Haven't heard Javy or Mike Johnson's (who got into a scuffle with one another in practice earlier this week) yet.

Saints vs. Rams

As alluded to, Ingy is looking good so far. 3 carries for 30 yds on the 1st drive.

And I'm keeping an eye out for The Classy One who should be suiting up for the Rams this year.

Javy made a great stop on a screen earlier.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
You guys actually watch pre-season games? This comes from a guy who is watching the worst MLB team playing another MLB team that is barely better.

Yeah..........baseball was my sport. A 5' 5" guy can still make it in MLB. Just look at Altuve. Football..........not so much.

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
I'm watching Tampa Bay/Jacksonville (you MUST know I love football if I subject myself to this)....

But for Tampa, Barron is the only regular starter in their secondary who's playing tonight. Nothing yet. Just the announcers gushing over how much Lovie loves him.

For Jacksonville, haven't heard Belue or Tinker's name...that's good for Tinker at least
That's good news about Lovie liking Barron. Lovie's defenses tend to produce a ton of turnovers. Barron could really thrive in his system.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
That's good news about Lovie liking Barron. Lovie's defenses tend to produce a ton of turnovers. Barron could really thrive in his system.
Exactly. When you think about how safety friendly the Cover 2 defense is, Barron could be in line for a big season. In his pass happy division (Atlanta & New Orleans), he'll have plenty of opportunity

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The Rams rush defense is a mess, but you have to love the emphasis that the Saints are placing on their run game. Gives Ingram a chance to show what he is capable of in a contract season.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Ingram looks back to form. I hope this carries on into the regular season.
Picking up where he left off last season. His last two games (playoffs) were really good. He started out strong against Seattle, but he lost a fumble (it was raining), and they took him out for the Irving kid.

They've made a decision to not extend his contract though. So he's playing this season for a payday, either from NO or some other suitor. Hope he churns out a big year.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Anyone watching the Browns - Lions playing on NFL Network right now..There was a obvious fumble, but, the refs said they coudn't tell who recovered the ball, even though the replay clearly showed who recovered the fumble..I've never seen that happen in any game..LOL..And "Johnny Football" is about to make his Pro debut..

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.