NFL Pre-season Games updates (8/7/13)

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
And I still haven't seen "Johnny Football" take a snap from under center..Even in the Pro's they're allowing him to take snaps off the LOS in the Pistol Formation..

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
You can't "design", an option play for him to run. If Cleveland's going to give him a chance, a real chance, just give him the ball and let him do his thing without having to think.
His ability to create big plays is based on instinct. If they try to control that, they're trying to change him, and that doesn't give him a chance.
Just my opinion.
It's really hard not to pull for him. How can you not?
I've openly said that he'll have trouble making it in the NFL, but it wasn't "my wish", just my thoughts.
I just wish he had been drafted by any team other than Cleveland.
They just don't have a clue. Maybe they'll change my opinion in the second half. I hope so.
sip

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
You can't "design", an option play for him to run. If Cleveland's going to give him a chance, a real chance, just give him the ball and let him do his thing without having to think.
His ability to create big plays is based on instinct. If they try to control that, they're trying to change him, and that doesn't give him a chance.
Just my opinion.
It's really hard not to pull for him. How can you not?
I've openly said that he'll have trouble making it in the NFL, but it wasn't "my wish", just my thoughts.
I just wish he had been drafted by any team other than Cleveland.
They just don't have a clue. Maybe they'll change my opinion in the second half. I hope so.
sip
Cleveland never seems to have a general plan. It's just "try this for a while--it's not working! Throw it away, go the opposite direction." It's very possible they drafted Johnny with no idea what to do with him.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Cleveland never seems to have a general plan. It's just "try this for a while--it's not working! Throw it away, go the opposite direction." It's very possible they drafted Johnny with no idea what to do with him.
Well I think them letting him take all shotgun snaps means they have changed philosophy and it will take a time for all to get comfortable with it. This style offense benefits JF's style of play, which we at Bama know was hard to defend, and will make the Browns a better team. I don't know if they will be much better than they have been but they will be more competitive and more fun to watch.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Definitely beginning to look like it ...series by series. I tell ya, the NFL is different.
Johnny's gonna have some trouble because his legs are basically taken out of his game.
The backers are faster than he is. I honestly hate it for him.
This is just one pre-season game. Hopefully things will get better as training camp progresses.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
Nice scramble by Manziel. It wasn't a designed QB draw. The announcer is just making stuff up.

Manziel looks good thus far. He's putting some mustard on these throws which he didn't have to do a lot in college.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Johnny's doing pretty good. He honestly, to me, looks like he's hurting. Anybody else seeing that?
I'll give him credit for being one of the most fierce competitors I've ever seen.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Nice scramble by Manziel. It wasn't a designed QB draw. The announcer is just making stuff up.

Manziel looks good thus far. He's putting some mustard on these throws which he didn't have to do a lot in college.

He is fun to watch. But I agree with the other announcer at the half. A lot of these crazy moves/runs from him are his own doing. On that last play, he could have easily thrown for the first down.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I would definitely start manziel over Hoyer. Hoyer is a career backup. Manziel may or may not be a franchise QB. I'd rather go with the unknown and see what I have.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
"One thing, after watching the Browns all week in practice is that Johnny does have the ability to add lib"

That's from one of the announcers.

You had to go to practice all week to know Manziel is good at improvising? Good grief.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
Nothing wrong with making Manziel work for the starting job. A little humility won't kill him. Putting him in a situation with some adversity could be a good thing.

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
Nothing wrong with making Manziel work for the starting job. A little humility won't kill him. Putting him in a situation with some adversity could be a good thing.
The guy is a player and it sure looked like he was working his rear off to make plays. I think him being in Cleveland offers plenty of adversity and humility in itself.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
he's going to be a very solid QB in the NFL. I would not have let him slip that far if i was looking for a QB. He already has an NFL arm. If he gets it mentally, he will have a very good career.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I saw most of his reps. His arm is very "underrated" IMO by us arm chair qbs. The year they beat us at home in 2012, he beat us with his arm while making some absolutely clutch throws, especially in the second half.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
I saw most of his reps. His arm is very "underrated" IMO by us arm chair qbs. The year they beat us at home in 2012, he beat us with his arm while making some absolutely clutch throws, especially in the second half.
Yeah, but tonight he was putting some heat on the inside throws. Against us in 2012 he was killing us with touch.

The dude is going to be very, very good.

I was surprised by how good Bortles looked earlier this week. I wasn't big on him coming out of college, but we'll see.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.