NFL Pre-season Games updates (8/7/13)

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Overall a good performance. It looked to me on his first scramble, where he got hit pretty hard, that he hurt something. No idea what, but, in the huddle he looked to be grimacing at times.
He's tough.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
There's not much difference between JF and Hoyer, other than experience. I think Hoyer will start but by year's end it will be manziels team.
I think JF has a better arm and is a much better athlete. Hoyer is a career backup. JF has the chance to be something special, Hoyer does not.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Ugh -- I only thought the Manziel love was at the peak of insanity bordering on perversion a year ago.....

Who woulda thought it was only the beginning.

We started talking about Bama players in the preseason and it's turned into a JF love fest.......

If we are lucky -- he'll catch the clap from a Cleveland Hooker, fall in love, and sink into obscurity....living next to seebell in Gurley

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Ugh -- I only thought the Manziel love was at the peak of insanity bordering on perversion a year ago.....

We started talking about Bama players in the preseason and it's turned into a JF love fest.......

If we are lucky -- he'll catch the clap from a Cleveland Hooker, fall in love, and sink into obscurity....living next to seebell in Gurley
Poor poor seebell. Let's wish for him to live somewhere other than Alabama.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al

This board deserves better than that.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Anyone watching Peyton playing against The Seahawks..I hate Peyton Tennerrsee roots, but, dang if he's not the best QB of this generation..I love watching him run the offense..It's like he coaching & playing at the same time..The game is on the NFL Network by the way..

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
Anyone watching Peyton playing against The Seahawks..I hate Peyton Tennerrsee roots, but, dang if he's not the best QB of this generation..I love watching him run the offense..It's like he coaching & playing at the same time..The game is on the NFL Network by the way..

i agree. it's like he's playing a video game out there. he doesnt have a very strong arm but he's accurate and can pre-read a defense like no other. i really miss the chess matches he had with Ray Lewis when Lewis was in his prime.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

i believe that is a replay Tideman. oh well new to us i guess.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
That's exactly right that it's like he's playing Madden Football..They way he scans the field pointing out which defender to pick on before they blitz him is amazing the way he computes everything all at once like he does..And I agree he doesn't have the strongest arm, but, is as accurate passing the ball than any QB in the history of the game..Montana is the only other QB that I think was as accurate when it comes to splitting a defenders throwing the ball..Maybe Morino as well..
i agree. it's like he's playing a video game out there. he doesnt have a very strong arm but he's accurate and can pre-read a defense like no other. i really miss the chess matches he had with Ray Lewis when Lewis was in his prime.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
"In the Dallas Cowboys' NFL preseason opener on Thursday, Cody Mandell punted three times for an average of 43.7 yards, dropping all his punts inside the San Diego Chargers' 20-yard line in his professional debut. Chris Jones, Dallas' incumbent punter, punted twice for a 38.5-yard average with one inside the 20. On Saturday, the Cowboys waived Mandell."

Do you see something wrong with this picture? Why would they cut him based on that? Chris Jones should've got cut.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.