NFL Pre-season Games updates (8/7/13)

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
Anyone watching Peyton playing against The Seahawks..I hate Peyton Tennerrsee roots, but, dang if he's not the best QB of this generation..I love watching him run the offense..It's like he coaching & playing at the same time..The game is on the NFL Network by the way..
Making all those pre-snap decisions is exactly why he never does well against defenses that create chaos. Give me Aaron Rodgers any day. The more the play breaks down, the better he gets.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Just looked up Ingram's stats from last night's Saints game. He had 5 rushes for 19 yards and a reception for 23 yards and a TD.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
These penalties being called on the DB's if they breathe on the WR's is making the NFL even harder than usual to watch this year. :rolleye2:
It's a pendulum swing. Probably stay that way all year. Something had to be done with the way Seattle DB's played last year. Sherman shoulda been looking around for the cops the way he was mugging guys . The pendulum will swing back the other way, just gotta wait it out.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
might be a long year for the Falcons.

Julio was a little rusty but that should change. Although if the O-line for the Falcons cannot block anyone, Ryan will never have a chance to ever throw to him.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
It's a pendulum swing. Probably stay that way all year. Something had to be done with the way Seattle DB's played last year. Sherman shoulda been looking around for the cops the way he was mugging guys . The pendulum will swing back the other way, just gotta wait it out.
Well, the game just cut off early because there were 22 penalties (at last count). Wake me up when that pendulum swings! ;)

russtang

All-American
Apr 11, 2007
Central Alabama
www.uniquetitanium.com
I think the NFL just wants to have more 50-45 game scores like colleges because the video-game generation thinks its more exciting.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Well, the game just cut off early because there were 22 penalties (at last count). Wake me up when that pendulum swings! ;)
Probably some truth in that as well. Seems like every time the defense catches up with the offenses, they change the rules, or in this case strictly enforce rules. As for all the penalties. I think they will ease up a little when the season starts

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Probably some truth in that as well. Seems like every time the defense catches up with the offenses, they change the rules, or in this case strictly enforce rules. As for all the penalties. I think they will ease up a little when the season starts
It is late , I quoted the wrong post

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
I sure hope so. As I said before, I only casually watch NFL anyway, but watching the game stop 22 times is just ridiculous. Some of them were legitimate penalties, but the amount I've seen in the few preseason games I've watched this year is just painful!

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
I think the NFL just wants to have more 50-45 game scores like colleges because the video-game generation thinks its more exciting.
And yet the best regular season offense in NFL history can only manage 8 points in the Super Bowl. I always think these rule changes will lead to more points, but they really don't. Most post-season games are in the 20-30 point range and I don't expect that to change.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
And yet the best regular season offense in NFL history can only manage 8 points in the Super Bowl. I always think these rule changes will lead to more points, but they really don't. Most post-season games are in the 20-30 point range and I don't expect that to change.
That doesn't change the fact the game is getting even more boring because of the best regular season offense in NFL history only scoring 8 points. Instead of realizing that Seattle just had a fantastic defense last year, they've opted to throw flags if a DB breathes on a WR.

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
That doesn't change the fact the game is getting even more boring because of the best regular season offense in NFL history only scoring 8 points. Instead of realizing that Seattle just had a fantastic defense last year, they've opted to throw flags if a DB breathes on a WR.
I don't think it'll lead to more points scored. I think defenses will adjust. The rules have been changing in favor of the offense for a long time but a great defense will still dominate a great (historical) offense.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Seattle's defense was great, but let's not pretend that Sherman and Company just had fantastic technique. They were very physical and got away with their fair share of pass interference and defensive holding.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
I don't think it'll lead to more points scored. I think defenses will adjust. The rules have been changing in favor of the offense for a long time but a great defense will still dominate a great (historical) offense.
The average PPG has risen every year since 2007, and this is probably the most drastic change made yet, so I'd bet it will. I saw the Falcons score last night on a drive that was kept alive only by 3 or 4 defensive holding penalties.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.