Advice on Bama fan's first trip to Tuscaloosa

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Sorry about bumping my own post back to the top. I've found a flight, hotel and game tickets and now just have to close those deals.

About lower bowl seating at Bryant Denny : is it better to be on the Bama sideline or the Visitor sideline. I'm guessing the Bama sideline based on availability and pricing of tickets on StubHub but I thought I would ask the good people here. I'm seriously considering getting seats in section FF row 30. Are these good seats? Would Ms. fundytide and I be sitting with MSU fans?
Depending on the weather, seats on the Bama sideline (western side of the stadium) are much more preferred because you don't have to sit or stare into the sun.

When I go to a game, I want to be in the stadium, in my seat, close to 45 minutes before kickoff. Soemtimes I'll get there 1 hour before.

I like watching the team come out and go through their pre-game drills. Watching the stadium start to fill up is fun too. Getting there early there is plenty to see and hear with the pre-game videos too. And then, it's always cool when almost exactly 30 minutes before the kickoff they play "Sweet Home Alabama."

What happens before the game is part of the experience IMO.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Is the Bryant Museum sufficiently less crowded on Fridays for a visit? Saturdays are so jammed up that I have not gone.

Fundytide: Here is where I include my customary "If you haven't been to Archibald's in Northport you may be missing the best barbecue on the planet." Not Woodrow and Archibalds, but Archibalds.

Link to YELP. http://www.yelp.com/biz/archibalds-bar-b-que-northport

^ I may not make it until October. The meat is great, but the sauce is so good it is probably some sort of sin.

Last edited:

ba4ma

Jul 28, 2010
fundytide,if someone else has not invited you yet,you are welcome to come by my tailgate and hangout if you want.I park about 4 to 5 blocks away from the stadium.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
Someone will probably give you tickets to the WCU game. Just stubhub or ebay tickets for MSU.

h2o

1st Team
Dec 31, 2006
Winfield, Alabama
Good advice on here. The only thing I will add is be there 2 hours before kick-off and watch the Walk of Champions. Nothing like seeing those buses roll in. Puts a chill down my spine every time!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.