Tiger Woods Career Heading For The Sunset?

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
Since he's down to only one or two women and not getting it from 13 or more, he prolly just tightened up. :biggrin2:

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
These guys don't drive the ball over 300 yards by accident - swing mechanics have evolved to the point where the strain on the back is incredible. FWIW, none of the "old" golfers still playing can drive the ball 300+ yds consistently if at all (or ever could, maybe except Boom-Boom, and he had massive back problems). Either the swing has to change at some point after the age of 30 and give up some distance or you will see more of this in the future, IMO.

exiledNms

Hall of Fame
Aug 2, 2002
Hattiesburg, MS (USA)
Tiger is fun to watch, especially when he was winning majors. I think others have nailed it here: blend of 'roids, swing mechanics, mental stuff, and off-the-course activities.

For me personally, I wish him the best. <old guy alert> And I add that I enjoyed watching the Majors long before Tiger along, and should I live long enough, I'll still enjoy watching them long after he's hitting the ceremonial opening drive in Augusta.

TexasTideFan

All-American
Feb 6, 2003
Kingwood, TX
At any rate, he was chasing bulk and was quite open about it. It didn't help him and it may have hurt. I would point out as perhaps a coincidence that being on anabolic steroids is widely known to vastly boost sex drive, perhaps even to the point that Waffle House waitresses even start looking good before 2:00 AM. Whatever, it's a sad story. Crashing your van in your front yard and passing out and going to sleep on the spot pretty much says it all...
That is true, but for the life of me I have no idea why a golfer would use gear to put on size. I powerlift and also play golf although I do most of my heavy training during Winter when I barely pick up a club and cut weight during the Summer to make weight for fights and will get back into playing more golf. Alot of muscle mass hinders a good golf swing. Some is ok but Tiger went overboard and Rory is danger close to crossing that line too.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
These guys don't drive the ball over 300 yards by accident - swing mechanics have evolved to the point where the strain on the back is incredible. FWIW, none of the "old" golfers still playing can drive the ball 300+ yds consistently if at all (or ever could, maybe except Boom-Boom, and he had massive back problems). Either the swing has to change at some point after the age of 30 and give up some distance or you will see more of this in the future, IMO.
The clubs changes have made a big difference. And just based on my experience the balls have been juiced some. The tour driving leader 25 years ago probably wouldn't be in the top 100 today.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
That is true, but for the life of me I have no idea why a golfer would use gear to put on size. I powerlift and also play golf although I do most of my heavy training during Winter when I barely pick up a club and cut weight during the Summer to make weight for fights and will get back into playing more golf. Alot of muscle mass hinders a good golf swing. Some is ok but Tiger went overboard and Rory is danger close to crossing that line too.
Correct. Lady golfers complain about big breasts getting in the way. Big pectorals do also...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.