West Virgnia was not a weak team when we scheduled them.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
Cowherd is trolling Alabama fans. Some folks didn't pick up on it when he picked Auburn to beat Alabama in 2014, but if you don't know it now you're not paying attention.

I'm a little surprised by him. He's typically not a troll.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
I know CDH of West Virginia is up and coming but he has a nice resume to start out with. I don't know anything about their
offense personnel, but his play calling will give our defense some challenge. Ask Clemson and I believe CKS was the DC for Clemson that year.
Who is the CKS you are talking about that was DC at Clemson against West Va?

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Talking heads don't really get punished for off-the-wall predictions. I've always compared it to a southern weatherman predicting snow. Miss and no one remembers (particularly if you insulated yourself with enough disclaimers). Hit one, and you're a guru for life...
I'm sure you remember Corky Simpson, the AP writer from Arizona who picked Alabama as number one in the 1992 pre-season poll. ESPN went after him in their October 30, 1992 SportsCenter, ridiculing the fact Simpson would not pick either Miami or Washington (or Florida State), teams everyone "knew" would beat Alabama if they played.

But Simpson was classy. When it was over, he penned a column in "The Sporting News" saying that "vindication was not mine, it was Alabama's." He even admitted he was hardly a genius, noting that his "genius" had picked the Patriots to beat the Bears in Super Bowl XX. But that's how the pundit business works: make an absolutely off-the-wall projection that's wrong and nobody remembers (well, I will but that's another story). If it comes to pass, you're an insightful genius. It's the lowest risk proposition there is (other than betting on the fact everyone will die).

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
They start the seasons well also. Think 2 years ago they were like 5-0 with wins over ranked Baylor and highly ranked Texas than collapsed. I have no doubt they will be motivated to the hilt. This could be their Boise State Moment. All summer hearing how you don't belong. There players are on scholarship to and that offense if clicking can be scary. I always hate when the media gives a team like WV ( a team that has had some past success) no credit. I just hope our players don't buy in to the drivel.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
Cowherd is trolling Alabama fans. Some folks didn't pick up on it when he picked Auburn to beat Alabama in 2014, but if you don't know it now you're not paying attention.

I'm a little surprised by him. He's typically not a troll.
ever since Finebaum started getting some ESPN buzz, he's been using the Finebaum formula. i think he's copying the Finebaum trolling. I too was surprised. be original

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Here's that dolt Cowherd picking Malzahn to win back to back national titles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgPSfmhpZ48

Don't watch it all but it's around the 45-60 second mark.
Cowherd is an idiot. He flip flops over everything he says. The only smart thing he has ever said was after he interviewed Greg McElroy. He said "there is the guy that will take my job from me one day"

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.