Tony Stewart hits, kills driver in sprint car race

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Apparently Eric Holder gave the kid who died some pot prior to the start of the race.....rumor has it, that is why he's retiring.

SIAP

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...rt-tony-stewart-grand-jury-decision/16160043/

In a statement provided to the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle, Ward Jr.'s mother Pam said the "matter is not at rest."

"Our son got out of his car during caution while the race was suspended," she said. "All the other vehicles were reducing speed and not accelerating, except for Tony Stewart, who intentionally tried to intimidate Kevin by accelerating and sliding his car toward him, causing the tragedy.

"The focus should be on the actions of Mr. Stewart and not my son."

TIMELINE: Events in Kevin Ward Jr.'s death

PHOTOS: Kevin Ward Jr. in focus

Pam Ward had no comment on the toxicology report that found her son had enough marijuana in his system to impair his judgment. She did not answer questions aside from the statement.

Last edited:

Highway59

1st Team
Jan 29, 2009
In Alabama off "highway59"
I have only commented once on this incident. My avatar would lend one to believe my take
would be skewed to favor Tony regardless of how event took place. I think, and also it is the belief of the authorities and a grand jury, that it was tragic accident that was caused by the one that wound up dead. I am glad that the process of investigation into event was handled in seemingly professional manner by the authorities. It was important that it was handled in such a way to be fair to family of Kevin Ward and fair to Tony Stewart. It would have been easy to let chance of being a celebrity, for a moment, to have led to grandstanding by the locals in this community. But there was no witch hunt, and because of this, Tony can move on with his life without the suspicion of wrong doing in this matter. Only the most ardent haters of Stewart will continue to beat the drum of wrong doing in this tragic event. I wish the sports media would have handled their reporting of event in a more professional manner than what was displayed for the day or two following the accident. Anyhow, as a long time fan of Tony's, I'm glad this part has reached its conclusion. He'll most likely still have long legal battle ahead in civil proceedings. Hopefully with way the criminal investigation was handled, it will make it difficult to shake him down for a cash grab. Again, not being hard hearted toward family that lost loved one, its just matter of right is right and wrong is wrong.

Last edited:

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Most to ALL of Stewart's on track hot head crap came at the NASCAR level, not on the dirt level.

As crimsonaudio said, why would Stewart lose his cool with Kevin Ward? He had no idea if Ward was still behind him or if he was the cause of the caution. Stewart pulled a slide job on Ward and had no idea he went into the wall.

No spotters, no radios, terrible line of sight.

And as CA, BiB, and RTR said some are still trying to claim Stewart is guilty yet there is NOT one shred of evidence showing Stewart intentionally tried to hurt or kill this doped up racer. For him to be driving a 800+ hp sprint high is crazy to begin with. Getting out and trying to grab another sprint is beyond stupid.

Just the fact some think TS should be charged is what is wrong with America, that no matter what the facts show people will make up their minds that someone is guilty or innocent. I still don't think he has raced dirt since the accident and if he does in fact quit it you will see some tracks and series fold because Stewart alone kept some going as people showed up just to see him race a sprint.

Don't even get me started on the "legal extortion" Ward's family is about to dish out.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I'm curious about this. Did they find traces of THC (which could indicate prior consumption within a significant window), or was there some sort of evidence of present intoxication? Bill, this is your field; any thoughts?
You have to remember there are multiple active ingredients tested here. One test is for the non-psychoactive form (COOH) and can be detected as long as 3.5 months after usage; another specifically measures IMPAIRMENT (d-9-THC) and is the blood test. If this was a single use by Ward (which let's be honest - is doubtful), it would have to be checked in the first 24 hours postmortem via blood. However, if he was a consistent user of THC, it could show up to 7 days afterward and show HOW IMPAIRED he was (which is the idea I get from this).

The other thing you have to remember is this: it's not all that different from alcohol in the sense you have variant rates of excretion and elimination depending on such things as weight and metabolism, etc.

This tells me they did a blood test and the boy was high as a kite.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Thank you for this detailed info and not jumping down my throat on this. I watched the video again this morning. Watching it at full speed you have to admit it looks like he did it on purpose.
I never followed the case after the initial incident.

But I haven't watched it slowed down and I can see what you are saying. If that was the case then the verdict was right.
I like conversation on a board, but sometimes on Tidefans a dissenting opinion from the popular has dire consequences. I feel sometimes It can be stifling to a free exchange of thoughts. However, sometimes the obvious can't be comprehended by the few.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.