Tony Stewart hits, kills driver in sprint car race

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
The have at it boy mentality is because the race became so diluted they would get penalized (money and points) for bumping someone out of the way so it really became boring to the fans and the drivers. It's racing not a flag football game or some other non-contact sport. Either go faster or get out of the way, if you don't I'm going to touch your car with mine type of attitude. As in any sport, tempers will flare but at 200 mph that's not always a good thing especially since your driving a million dollar car. I know, someone will post the actual cost just to argue, expect that but bottom line you're driving a 3500 lb car with 850 hp at 200 mph a few inches from each others bumper, you won't see a Nationwide or Cup driver in the middle of the track unless it is red flagged.

Last edited:

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPXI0CNTyEg

Sprint race POV. Not unreasonable to expect that COULD see him. This is one of the cleaner videos I have seen though.
That is a WoO race at one of the premiere tracks in the sprint series but yes it is a great view. Only thing is the track it happened at was smaller (you have room to go 3 and 4 wide at Knoxville) and not as well lit.

Money can buy anyone to say anything. Case in point here.
You do realize you are starting to get ridiculous right? I have now realized that no matter what anyone says you will think TS is guilty and done this on purpose NO MATTER WHAT. Another racer said another racer did all he could to get out of the way. That's really far fetched eh?:eek2::rolleyes:

So now we are adding bribery to the list of Tony Stewart's sins? Amazing what you can tell from half a second of blurry i-Phone footage.
I'm done with him, he's either trolling or just hates Tony Stewart and thinks he is guilty no matter what evidence comes out to support Stewart and vice versa.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
That is a WoO race at one of the premiere tracks in the sprint series but yes it is a great view. Only thing is the track it happened at was smaller (you have room to go 3 and 4 wide at Knoxville) and not as well lit.
Yup, I just wanted to give a view in actual race conditions. I have been to several dirt tracks and am aware that this is not a perfect representation of what he could have seen.

However, there is enough visibility out of the right side of the vehicle to understand why even an informed person could reasonably believe he did.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
That explains why he ended up so far from his original spot after going under the tire.

I wonder what the Stewart haters will come up with now, now that their "he ran him over" defense his been thrown out of the window. I guess he grabbed the wing to push himself off Tony's car?:rolleye2:

Just think, there are people in this thread that say they would give Ward's family money after he acted a fool like this and got himself killed.:conf2:

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
It seems that TS 'fish tailed' after the point Tony should have passed KW. was he trying to jump on Tony's car? Grab the wing and swing on the side or back of the car? Or leaned in to yell
at tony at his hand caught on the wing support? Whatever he was trying to do , may he rest in peace.

Last edited:

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
I guess people can see what they want but it still appears to me that TS got too close and Ward may have simply been putting up his hands in a defensive reflex.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I guess people can see what they want but it still appears to me that TS got too close and Ward may have simply been putting up his hands in a defensive reflex.
If that's the case, you're right - people can see what they want.

Doesn't look like Tony is any closer than the previous driver. Ward appears to walk away from his car and towards the others only when Tony gets close.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
LOL you can't be serious? Generally you would put your hands out IN FRONT OF YOU, not up high like the cops are coming after you when a car is about to hit you. I know, I was hit by one before. Ward didn't put his hands out in front of his body, therefore he would more than likely be trying to hang on instead of trying to avoid a hit.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.