Tony Stewart hits, kills driver in sprint car race

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
And now the boy's father speaks out. Sorry, but I just don't see TS doing this intentionally. I know the father is upset, and I would want to blame someone as well, but the boy made a stupid mistake that cost him his life.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Unless Stewart admitted to trying something, he will not be charged and shouldn't be charged. If he admitted to something stupid then I agree he should burn. But I just don't see it.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Thank you for posting this.
No problem. Didn't think I'd ever find one!

Just to prove another point to others, just think with the banked track Ward would be sitting higher than normal to Stewart's right. Stewart would be lucky to be able to tell Ward was even pointing at him. Not to mention Tony JUST took the caution as well coming out of turn 4 so he had less than 1/4 of the track to slow down, get settled down and/or adjust something (tearoff, belts, etc.) before he could even tell someone was on the track and in his path.

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
I read in an article off of MSN.com this morning (can't find it at the moment) but the driver behind TS said it looked liked he was trying to avoid him not brush him back. Personally I think the young man had too much emotion and adrenalin going and he misjudged exactly where he was on the track and realized too late where he was.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Haven't seen but the portion of video on the news, but if TS didn't swerve to hit the kid, no way anyone will ever prove any intent to harm. It was only a matter of time before this type of behavior cost someone their life. Tempers have always risen on race day, and now it has cost someone their life. Terrible situation all around.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I read in an article off of MSN.com this morning (can't find it at the moment) but the driver behind TS said it looked liked he was trying to avoid him not brush him back. Personally I think the young man had too much emotion and adrenalin going and he misjudged exactly where he was on the track and realized too late where he was.
This driver will more than likely be asked to testify if anything goes to court.

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
Guess it didn't occur to you that this guys story is not as sensational as "Father lashes out" or "Tony Stewart kills another driver". Nope, no reporter has ever ignored the truth in search of higher ratings.

Speculation is at best a rumor so until it's proven he's guilty, I would call it a racing accident. I'm a race fan and have been for a lot of years and have seen a lot of things happen on the track including drivers getting out of their cars and getting mad, throwing things but none have stepped down in the middle of the track to do it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.