Tony Stewart hits, kills driver in sprint car race

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Of course they don't want to mention he was high on dope and got out of his car and acted an idiot. Plus the race wasn't "suspended" that would mean red flag, not caution conditions. They are simply looking to do some "legal extortion" now.

Some of us tried to tell everyone from the beginning there would be no charges. The kid caused his own death sadly.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Kevin Ward, Jr.'s family released the below statement.

So, a civil trial . there are no more criminal charges. a grand jury comprised of local Ontario County Citizens returned to verdict of no bill on Tony Stewart. though not rare, An uncomon grand jury finding. The DA said two videos were enhanced and broken down frame by frame, one third speed , one half speed and full speed. The DA said Tony Stewart held his line until striking Kevin Ward, after striking Ward his car swerved to the right . what is there to determine? That was straight from the DA. The verdict was from a rural county in upstate NY, Kevin Wards home. I would say if there was justice to be served, and Tony were truly at fault, Kevin's friends and neighbors would be the ones to do it. They felt by a majority of 23 that there was not even enough evidence for a trial. so the only real conclusions to be drawn here are that either grief has them in extreme denial or this is simply a moneygrab.

Last edited:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Because, I still think the anger issues that Tony has caused him to get too close to the guy. I feel he wanted to intimidate him. Just my opinion.....
So, you have one driver under the influence of drugs who climbs out of his car on a track full of race cars and another just driving and you want to blame the one just driving by projecting an opinion about his state of mind?

Overwhelming evidence against you on this one.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
So, you have one driver under the influence of drugs who climbs out of his car on a track full of race cars and another just driving and you want to blame the one just driving by projecting an opinion about his state of mind?

Overwhelming evidence against you on this one.

The video shows how he veers the car towards him as he approaches. He has a history of this behavior. But he got off so I guess it doesn't really matter.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
The video shows how he veers the car towards him as he approaches. He has a history of this behavior. But he got off so I guess it doesn't really matter.
I think maybe you need to watch it more closely. The DA showed the video at various speeds and it shows he stayed in his line.

You want to believe TGS is wrong despite the evidence, be my guest, but he was no-billed near the kid's home town for a reason.

For the record, I'm not a TS fan - I don't watch NASCAR at all. It's just in this case, the overwhelming preponderance of evidence indicates this was accidental regarding TS.

Transcript of Wednesday news conference with Ontario County (N.Y.) District Attorney Michael Tantillo:
The grand jury has today completed its investigation. During the course of the grand jury presentation, approximately two dozen witnesses testified. These included a number of race car drivers, racetrack employees and volunteers, two accident reconstructionists, medical personnel and a number of police officers. In addition, of the grand jury reviewed a number of photographs and video recordings as well as other documentary evidence. After listening to and questioning all of the witnesses and reviewing all of the evidence, the grand jury has determined there is no basis to charge Tony Stewart with any crimes. This case was therefore no-billed by the grand jury. I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Because, I still think the anger issues that Tony has caused him to get too close to the guy. I feel he wanted to intimidate him. Just my opinion.....
I agree with this. None of the other drivers hit Kevin Ward. Just Google Tony Stewart anger management and read any of the numerous articles about scuffs and such that he has caused with other drivers and citizens. I think one would be naïve to think that a hot head such as Tony Stewart wouldn't try to intimidate another driver who was clearly trying to show him up..

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
I didn't know there was a Tony Stewart fan club on Tidefans. Learn something new everyday I guess..
No BiB is just pointing out that you two are making up facts to support your beliefs. The videos shown to jury literally show the exact opposite of what you two are saying, but for some reason you are ignoring that.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
No BiB is just pointing out that you two are making up facts to support your beliefs. The videos shown to jury literally show the exact opposite of what you two are saying, but for some reason you are ignoring that.
Lol you must be the president of the fan club. What fact did I make up? Reread my post. I said no other driver hit Kevin Ward. Fact. Tony Stewart hit Kevin Ward. Fact. Kevin Ward died. Fact. Tony Stewart has a well documented anger management problem. Fact. How do those facts equate to Tony Stewart having no fault in this?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Lol you must be the president of the fan club. What fact did I make up? Reread my post. I said no other driver hit Kevin Ward. Fact. Tony Stewart hit Kevin Ward. Fact. Kevin Ward died. Fact. Tony Stewart has a well documented anger management problem. Fact. How do those facts equate to Tony Stewart having no fault in this?
You're leaving out the fact that Kevin Ward had enough marijuana in his system hours after his death to impair his decision making.

But don't let that hold you back from your obvious stance.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA

In the press conference , the DA said they had 2 accident reconstruction and broke the enhanced video down frame by frame , one third speed , one half speed and full speed and the evidence showed Tony didn't veer from his course until after striking KW. I struggled with the theory , even though it appeared to be true from video I saw, that KW actually tried to grab the wing of Tony's car and swing on to the back of it. The marijuana impairment with heat of the moment anger explains why he may do this.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I have to give some of you credit, though. You're not backing down from your stance even when evidence points otherwise.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
In the press conference , the DA said they had 2 accident reconstruction and broke the enhanced video down frame by frame , one third speed , one half speed and full speed and the evidence showed Tony didn't veer from his course until after striking KW. I struggled with the theory , even though it appeared to be true from video I saw, that KW actually tried to grab the wing of Tony's car and swing on to the back of it. The marijuana impairment with heat of the moment anger explains why he may do this.
Thank you for this detailed info and not jumping down my throat on this. I watched the video again this morning. Watching it at full speed you have to admit it looks like he did it on purpose.
I never followed the case after the initial incident.

But I haven't watched it slowed down and I can see what you are saying. If that was the case then the verdict was right.

Last edited:

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
You're leaving out the fact that Kevin Ward had enough marijuana in his system hours after his death to impair his decision making.

But don't let that hold you back from your obvious stance.
I never said Kevin Ward wasn't at fault also. Of course he was at fault when he got out of his car on a racetrack. But there is no way that Tony Stewart can be absolved from all blame in this situation based on his history of losing his temper and physically threatening people on more than one occasion..

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I never said Kevin Ward wasn't at fault also. Of course he was at fault when he got out of his car on a racetrack. But there is no way that Tony Stewart can be absolved from all blame in this situation based on his history of losing his temper and physically threatening people on more than one occasion..
So the fact that a particular history exists means there's no chance he's innocent, despite the testimony of multiple experts, videos, witnesses, etc? And the grand jury, upon seeing all the evidence, no-bills him, but he's still guilty?

Amazing.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I never said Kevin Ward wasn't at fault also. Of course he was at fault when he got out of his car on a racetrack.
I just wanted to list another fact since you were in the business of listing facts.

But there is no way that Tony Stewart can be absolved from all blame in this situation based on his history of losing his temper and physically threatening people on more than one occasion..
You're working under the assumption that Tony's anger issues played a part.

As CA said, Ward didn't run at other cars. The experts on the issue said Tony's car didn't do anything out of the ordinary until after the incident.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
So the fact that a particular history exists means there's no chance he's innocent, despite the testimony of multiple experts, videos, witnesses, etc? And the grand jury, upon seeing all the evidence, no-bills him, but he's still guilty?

Amazing.
I never said that Tony Stewart should be charged with murder or that Tony Stewart was 100% guilty. The fact you would come away with that after reading my post is

Amazing.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.