Link: ISIS - I don't want to put the subject in the title...

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
that is their viewpoint. That has been the militant/extremist Muslim viewpoint for years (if the infidel doesn't convert, he must be taken out so he can't subvert the Islamic stat in the future). These folks are taking it to a more sadistic level I think and we have more social media outlets to get the brutality out there.
Friend I worked with from northern India said the same thing - their brutality has never been constrained by any boundaries. The fact that what we are watching now will continue unless THE WORLD steps up is just mind boggling. But the US will do little more than what it is doing. In any event, I hate to say "get used to it", because getting used to this kind of carnage is subhuman IMO, on a level most have never encountered - but it ain't gonna end anytime soon.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Friend I worked with from northern India said the same thing - their brutality has never been constrained by any boundaries. The fact that what we are watching now will continue unless THE WORLD steps up is just mind boggling. But the US will do little more than what it is doing. In any event, I hate to say "get used to it", because getting used to this kind of carnage is subhuman IMO, on a level most have never encountered - but it ain't gonna end anytime soon.
Agreed. The only way this stops, or at least slows dramatically, is that we are going to have to wipe them off the face of the earth in a biblical scale. Take no prisoners. No war trials afterwards. Kill them all until they are all dead, and let the world know that any future "jv terrorists" will be dealt with similarly.

Unfortunately I do not see that ever being an option.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
We didn't even kill all the Nazis after WWII, and the world would have been far more receptive to that sort of thing then...
Only difference is, Nazis knew when they were defeated - religious fanatics like these will never give up until they are dead. They will have to be eliminated for this to end, and my estimation of the "civilized" portion of the human race drops lower and lower with each passing day that this is allowed to continue.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
While I don't believe "peaceful" Muslims are being vocal enough about this, I do believe on some level that these savages are made up mostly of severely repressed megalomaniacs. And the only thing they understand is death. They need to be exterminated. The moment you hear anyone say we need to talk to these people and reason with them, know that you're dealing with a moron.

I've woken up in the middle of the night every night since I read the first article in this thread on Monday morning. I cannot imagine living in the terror that those innocent people are living in right now. I am for sending every resource we have available to fix it.

graydogg85

1st Team
Feb 7, 2006
Huntsville, AL
Taking a principle from the B.I.B.L.E in that we are not to "judge". In keeping with that principle I think the fair thing to do is to send them to the Lord and let Him do it. :biggrin2:
In the Old Testament, the Hebrew People were often the vehicles of God's judgment. He instructed them to completely annihilate a number of cities in Canaan because of the pervasive and perpetual evil occurring in said cities. In a bit of a parallel to current events in Iraq, the Canaanites were sacrificing their children to Molech. My point is that the murder of children in the name of another god is a sin that warrants total destruction, according to the Scriptures (or at least the Old Testament). It's not our duty to decree that, but I'm inclined to agree with the other posters in that the only way the radical Salafi / Wahhabi Islamic schools are going to be stopped is via total and complete destruction.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Vatican's approval of Iraq strikes a rare exception to peace policy
Fearing a genocide of Christians, the Vatican has given its approval to US military air strikes in Iraq -- a rare exception to its policy of peaceful conflict resolution.

The Holy See's ambassador to the United Nations, Silvano Tomasi, this weekend supported US air strikes aimed at halting the advance of Sunni Islamic State (IS) militants, calling for "intervention now, before it is too late".

"Military action might be necessary," he said.

While the Vatican vocally disapproved of the US-led campaign in Iraq in 2003 and the 2013 plan for air strikes on Syria -- fearing both might make the situations worse for Christians on the ground -- fears of ethnic cleansing by Islamists has forced a policy change.

Tomasi's appeal follows warnings from Church leaders in Iraq that the persecution is becoming a genocide, with urgent help needed to protect Christians and Yezidis in the north of the country, where tens of thousands have been forced to flee for their lives.

Military support was needed "to stop the wolf getting to the flock to kill, eat, destroy", Rabban al-Qas, the Chaldean bishop of Amadiyah, told Vatican radio.
Statement by Ambassador Samantha Power, U.S. Permanent Representative to the United Nations, on Religious and Ethnic Minorities in Iraq
I condemn in the strongest possible terms the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant’s (ISIL) recent attacks on Sinjar and Tal Afar in Ninewa province that have reportedly led to the displacement of tens of thousands of people, many from vulnerable minority communities, deepening Iraq’s already acute humanitarian crisis. ISIL’s reported abuse, kidnapping, torture and executions of Iraq’s religious and ethnic minorities and its systematic destruction of religious and cultural sites are appalling.

The United States supports the Iraqi Security Forces and Peshmerga Forces working to defend these areas against ISIL. We urge all parties to the conflict to allow safe access to the United Nations and its partners so they can deliver lifesaving humanitarian assistance, including to those Iraqi families reportedly encircled by ISIL on Mount Sinjar. The United States is committed to helping the people of Iraq as they confront the security and humanitarian challenges in their fight against ISIL. Iraq’s leaders must move swiftly to form a new, fully inclusive government that takes into account the rights, aspirations and legitimate concerns of all of Iraq’s communities. All Iraqis must come together to ensure that Iraq gets back on the path to a peaceful future and to prevent ISIL from obliterating Iraq’s vibrant diversity.
Obama Silent as ISIS Gains Ground and Iraqi Christians’ Hopes Fade
On Capitol Hill, the latest news underscored the urgent need for a Washington-led strategy that could work out a regional plan for relief, protection and resettlement of displaced Iraqis. But the White House’s silence on the issue and the problems posed by its parallel effort to establish a multisectarian “unity” government that can bring together Iraq’s Sunni and Shiite communities, as well as religious minorities, have hampered efforts to respond to the crisis.

“We are facing real genocide, but all the world has been silent, especially what we call the ‘First World,’” said Syriac Catholic Bishop Barnaba Yousif Habash, based in New Jersey, who has written President Barack Obama and visited both the State Department and Capitol Hill, pleading for U.S. action.

Now, Bishop Habash said during an Aug. 5 interview with the Register, “I don’t trust anyone in the American administration. I don’t have any expectations that they will help.”
Vatican: They must be forced to stop
Obama administration: Let's talk it out. Diversity.
World: You are useless

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
"Condemn in the strongest possible terms". That has always read as "I don't want to do anything but must look like I am" to me.

Time to send in Hans Brix.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
What's old is new again.
Rudyard Kipling said:
Take up the White Man's burden--
Send forth the best ye breed--
Go bind your sons to exile
To serve your captives' need;
To wait in heavy harness,
On fluttered folk and wild--
Your new-caught, sullen peoples,
Half-devil and half-child.

Take up the White Man's burden--
The savage wars of peace--
Fill full the mouth of Famine
And bid the sickness cease;
And when your goal is nearest
The end for others sought,
Watch sloth and heathen Folly
Bring all your hopes to nought

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
This is correct. They have just guaranteed the destruction of many more Muslim radical fighters. I think it's machismo gone crazy. Religion is secondary. Maybe if they just didn't wear dresses...
Honestly I really don't think they care nor do I think they are somehow "scared" of the U.S. If anything they probably think we are soft and aren't willing to go the lengths necessary to completely defeat them. They know how much we value human life and I'm certain as this progresses they will use that against us.

When dealing with barbarians like this you have to be willing to get down and dirty with them, killing everyone of them and anyone associated with them. Don't spare even a one of them.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
This is correct. They have just guaranteed the destruction of many more Muslim radical fighters. I think it's machismo gone crazy. Religion is secondary. Maybe if they just didn't wear dresses...
Well, you say that, but look who we have as a President. He'll probably end up sending them stingers and other SAMs to shoot down the planes bombing them.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
They think Americans are cowards, when its just the American politicians that are the cowards.
I continue to be stunned by the perception some Arabs have of Americans.
Beheading anyone is not going to win a lot of friends.
Beheading an American journalist is just poking Superman in the eye.
Earle is absolutely right, a lot of muslim extremists/ISIS bubbas are going to end up dead as a result of this.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.