Link: ISIS - I don't want to put the subject in the title...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
This link is not for the faint of heart. I suggest you do not let children of tender age read this. In the article, there's a statement to the effect that we're seeing a type of genocide not committed in generations...

LINK

Last edited:

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
I debated opening the link bc of what I was going to see. It is one thing for men to fight and kill each other but it's entirely different when 'men' murder and kill innocent women and children. My blood is boiling after seeing and reading this article. If Islam is the 'religion of peace' I have a very difficult time understanding their actions. The Muslim world with some sense should be leading the charge against this type of behavior, if they really believe what that say about their religion. I will not put down what I really think and feel bc Earle would boot me off here forever. The entire world needs to unite against these people.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
I debated opening the link bc of what I was going to see. It is one thing for men to fight and kill each other but it's entirely different when 'men' murder and kill innocent women and children. My blood is boiling after seeing and reading this article. If Islam is the 'religion of peace' I have a very difficult time understanding their actions. The Muslim world with some sense should be leading the charge against this type of behavior, if they really believe what that say about their religion. I will not put down what I really think and feel bc Earle would boot me off here forever. The entire world needs to unite against these people.
The answer is very simple. A peaceful individual does not act in such a way. Since peaceful individuals do not at in such a way, it stands to reason that members of a "religion of peace" would also not act in this manner. The actions of the individuals who perform these acts of terrorism and genocide cannot be those of peaceful individuals or those of any so called religion of peace. And since the individuals who perform such atrocities claim to be Islamic, it also only stands to reason that Islam IS NOT a Religion of Peace. It is only one of terrorism and hate.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
As I said in Brad's thread - I started to post this link in Brad's thread, but I was afraid that it would just get lost. I thought it deserved more attention...

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I read this last night and it was what prompted my post on FB, copied below:

I don't like to post political things on FB - in fact, I'm generally apolitical - it seems to me that politics are a man-made game and have become so divisive and polarizing that they don't do any good.

I don't think this is political, I think it's about right and wrong.

The world is rarely black and white - it's simply full of grey. World views differ and it explains why we have a hard time understanding other cultures at times. It's tough to remember that just because someone feels differently then we do it doesn't necessarily make them wrong.

That said, anytime a group murders innocent men, women, and children, there's no grey anymore - that's a black and white issue, and it's completely wrong. I don't care what one's world view is, I will not ever accept that that behavior is acceptable.

This is not a political issue, it's one of good vs evil. These US airstrike against ISIS are the first I can recall where I'm ok seeing my taxes being used to wage war.

I've struggled with this, I don't really want to talk about it, but it seems almost no one is, and I think we need to be.
I'm also open to hearing viewpoints that differ from mine. But I'll admit I'll have a hard time hearing any argument that accepts the murder of innocent people.

I'm not even sure why I'm posting this, I guess I just need to vent. My heart is heavy right now...

gmart74

Hall of Fame
Oct 9, 2005
Baltimore, Md
Unfortunately this is the type of crap I have to look at every day. There is a level of evil in this world that I am somewhat numb to but is very difficult to describe to others who are more captivated by the latest Kardashian episode than what is actually happening.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Maybe their idea of peace is that peace will be achieved once everyone else is dead.
that is their viewpoint. That has been the militant/extremist Muslim viewpoint for years (if the infidel doesn't convert, he must be taken out so he can't subvert the Islamic stat in the future). These folks are taking it to a more sadistic level I think and we have more social media outlets to get the brutality out there.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Surreal to say the least.

It doesn't surprise me given the past behaviour of these people.

I wish we could just wall off the entire middle east.

I know that sounds prejudiced but I don't remember the last time I saw anything good coming from that part of the world.

Pure chaos and pure evil.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Maybe their idea of peace is that peace will be achieved once everyone else is dead.
Ding, ding ding! We have a winner, give that man a cigar. I'm not naive enough to believe that all Muslims feel this way, but it is a fundamental teaching of the Koran that you give an infidel a chance to repent and convert, and if he does not, then he receives the sword. That is what the fundamentalist are taught to believe from the day they can understand communication, so this kind of genocide should shock no one. Any religion can be misused for violent gains, but this one more so than any other in our modern world.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
This is the exact link I had seen when I said not to google what they are doing in the other thread. They are monsters over there, and that is giving monsters a bad name. We HAVE to act to STOP ISIS from doing this. Air strikes just aren't enough, I'm afraid. After the last 2 wars I have turned ever more the "isolationist", but this cannot be ignored. We shouldn't let these so and so's run a roadside cafe, much less run the risk of them running a country.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
This is the exact link I had seen when I said not to google what they are doing in the other thread. They are monsters over there, and that is giving monsters a bad name. We HAVE to act to STOP ISIS from doing this. Air strikes just aren't enough, I'm afraid. After the last 2 wars I have turned ever more the "isolationist", but this cannot be ignored. We shouldn't let these so and so's run a roadside cafe, much less run the risk of them running a country.
While I agree something needs to be done, why do we need to be the policemen? Let the Turks, Saudis and Iranians deal with it. The bigger problem is we should have never invaded Iraq to begin with. Saddam may have been brutal, but I don't think he was disgustingly sick like these people are. Apparently, he knew how to keep the "people" in check. Thanks W and daddy.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Had we at some point left Israel to do what needed to be done in the middle east, we might not have this problem. I know that sounds brutal but that's how I feel right now.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
This link is not for the faint of heart. I suggest you do not let children of tender age read this. In the article, there's a statement to the effect that we're seeing a type of genocide not committed in generations...

LINK

I am of the tender age of 47 and I couldn't get through it all.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.