Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

LB Darrell Williams Updates (Auburn Commit)

247 profile

He committed to Auburn on May 7, but AlabamaIntel wrote yesterday he could flip to Alabama within the next week.

One major recruiting note: Hoover outside linebacker Darrell Williams, who has been committed to Auburn since May 7th, 2014 is very close to flipping to Alabama, according to strong sources INTEL has spoken with at Hoover HS. It has been in the works for a few weeks and will likely happen within the next week…the Crimson Tide staff would like to add two linebackers to the class. One versatile space Backer like Williams that could play inside & out, and a middle linebacker, which could be Memphis Whitehaven High School LB Joshua McMillon, who will announce his decision before his first game on August 22nd. His three finalists are Alabama, Ole Miss and Michigan. AlabamaINTEL was impressed with McMillon physically when we saw him at the Spain Park NFTC combine back in the spring.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team

Re: 2015 4* Hoover LB Darrell Williams Updates

Good stuff

BamaNation Hall of Fame

I hope so. I really like getting the in state guys to come to the good guys.

FB | REC Moderator

There has been some talk of this for the past three or four weeks, but obviously nothing definite just yet. Wouldn't be any real shock if a flip did indeed take place, but we'll see.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Flipping a Hoover kid to the good side would be a good enough shock to the Barners and hopefully it happens soon.

FB | REC Moderator

Will add this: If the Williams flip comes to fruition, you can probably just about close the book on Leo Lewis.

The same will definitely be the case if we pick up Joshua McMillon next week.
    Last edited by BigEasyTider; August 11th, 2014 at 12:34 PM.

BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by BigEasyTider View Post
    Will add this: If the Williams flip comes to fruition, you can probably just about close the book on Leo Lewis.

The same will definitely be the case if we pick up Joshua McMillon next week.
    I don't think Lewis was coming back to Bama either way, that ship has sail. as I mentioned in the Lewis thread, he isn't leaving the state of Mississippi.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Here's a piece on Williams from al.com. They rated him the number 4 player in the state. Reading this, I can see a possible flip. He says he's committed to Auburn, but he grew up a Bama fan and admits he's still listening to other schools. Link
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Here's a piece on Williams from al.com. They rated him the number 4 player in the state. Reading this, I can see a possible flip. He says he's committed to Auburn, but he grew up a Bama fan and admits he's still listening to other schools. Link
    I can see it also from reading that article. He looks like the real deal and hope he does flip to the good side.

FB | REC Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by TiderJ View Post
    He looks like the real deal and hope he does flip to the good side.
    Think the issue is less on his end and more on ours. Question, I think, is we would also take him if we pick up a commitment late next week from Joshua McMillon?

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by BigEasyTider View Post
    Think the issue is less on his end and more on ours. Question, I think, is we would also take him if we pick up a commitment late next week from Joshua McMillon?
    Losing Lewis, I think we would. I think we were looking to add 1 more LB with Lewis on board. If McMillon commits to us (which I believe is the majority opinion), we're back to 1 open LB spot not named Jefferson. We will hold 1 spot for Jefferson regardless. But we need at least 2 more bodies for ILB and I think it'll be Williams and Mcmillon.

FB | REC Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by jps1983 View Post
    Losing Lewis, I think we would. I think we were looking to add 1 more LB with Lewis on board. If McMillon commits to us (which I believe is the majority opinion), we're back to 1 open LB spot not named Jefferson. We will hold 1 spot for Jefferson regardless. But we need at least 2 more bodies for ILB and I think it'll be Williams and Mcmillon.
    Perhaps, but we slow-played him earlier this year, and it's no guarantee we would take him now, not at least if we pick up McMillon. Space is going to remain extremely tight until the staff gets a better sense of a couple of possible flips as we get closer to NSD.

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

I'm hearing some noise about Williams possibly flipping, even with the McMillon committment. Anybody here hearing the same thing?
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings