Cop in MO kills unarmed black teen

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
This 'outrage' I'm hearing about... is this the same outrage that results in looting and rioting after a city wins the NBA championship? Sorry, but I think it's just opportunistic parasites.

It's horrible a young man got killed, but we don't know the full story on that yet, either.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
“To the Ferguson Police Department and any other jurisdictions who are deployed to the protests: we are watching you very closely,” the message continues. “If you abuse, harass - or harm in any way the protesters in Ferguson we will take every web based asset of your departments and governments off line. That is not a threat, it is a promise. If you attack the protesters, we will attack every server and computer you have. We will dox and release the personal information on every single member of the Ferguson Police Department, as well as any other jurisdiction that participates in the abuse. We will seize all your databases and E-Mail spools and dump them on the Internet. This is your only warning.”
This is how the nerd herd fights.

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
Until the day the community instigators show all this SAME outrage over the 7,000 blacks killed by other blacks every single year, don't expect me to regard all the "outrage" as anything other than manufactured outrage and racism.

If your outrage is only because the cop doing the killing is white and you want to ignore 7,000 other murders then quite frankly you (generic) are every bit as racist as those you want to accuse of it.

Racism is a multi-million dollar a year business saith the late, great bayoutider.

I'll bet you dollars to donuts (pardon the obvious pun) the cop is white and that's the ONLY reason for this rioting crap.

Any killing is a tragedy as is any racism. But selective outrage that only flares up when whitey is the perpetrator tells me more about the outraged person than about the alleged killer.
I think its too early for all of the details to be known. I have a hard time believing that the cop would have done something like this unprovoked. In one version there was a struggle between the police officer and the kids which sounds almost like the kids were trying to give the cop a beat down, and on the other the kids were just walking down the street when the cop goes all crazy and shoots them for no reason. Likely its somewhere in the middle.

Just as an aside:

This isn't a random white dude killing some random black dude. Its a cop shooting an 18 year old kid. So the concept of muting outrage over a white cop shooting a black kid until the black community gets up in arms and angry over the black on black violence is ridiculous. As soon as the badge enters into it the argument loses all merit due to the fact that you have just tried to equate an official of the government shooting someone with that of gang members killing other gang members or any other variety of non police involved violence.

This always seems to be forgotten when people throw out the "if it was a black cop who shot a black kid there wouldn't be any outrage" argument. In the data cited below there is roughly a three to one ratio as of 2007 for white cops versus minority cops. I get really frustrated when people try and conflate the "where is all the outrage when a black cop shoots a white person" argument into something that has some measure of holding water. The mere fact that any shooting is likely to be three times as likely to be committed by a white cop means that they are going to be more numerous in the media which is why it seems that you hear about them more than the others.

http://www.bjs.gov/index.cfm?ty=tp&tid=71
Bureau of Justice Statistics said:
About 1 in 4 officers were members of a racial or ethnic minority in 2007, compared to 1 in 6 officers in 1987.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
The cops said the kid shoved the cop into his car and tried to get his gun.

A witness says the cops pulled up in broad daylight and ordered the kid to the ground and shot him when he did not comply.

Someone is lying.

As for the looters and arsonists, I'm cool with anyone, cop or civilian, who shoots them.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

A witness says the cops pulled up in broad daylight and ordered the kid to the ground and shot him when he did not comply.

Someone is lying.

As for the looters and arsonists, I'm cool with anyone, cop or civilian, who shoots them.
I find it hard to believe that a cop would execute someone in broad daylight in front of several witnesses.....but that's just me.

Not saying there aren't bad cops -- but most of the time - they are quite a bit more discreet.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

Someone is lying.

This is what I'm gathering as well. Regardless of color, I have a hard time believing that a cop would start unloading on a kid for simply not getting to the ground. But I've seen crazier things so we'll see.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I find it hard to believe that a cop would execute someone in broad daylight in front of several witnesses.....but that's just me.

Not saying there aren't bad cops -- but most of the time - they are quite a bit more discreet.
when we equip law enforcement officers like this, its not too hard to believe anything.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
from kmov in st. louis

“It just didn’t look right for them to be arm wrestling,” Mitchell said. “The first gun shot came from the window, so I just started getting out of the way.”
According to Mitchell, Brown, Jr, began to run away after the first shot was fired.
“After the shot, the kid just breaks away. The cop follows him, kept shooting, the kid’s body jerked as if he was hit. After his body jerked he turns around, puts his hands up, and the cop continues to walk up on him and continues to shoot until he goes all the way down,” Mitchell said.
just damn

gmart74

Hall of Fame
Oct 9, 2005
Baltimore, Md
One thing that has always baffled me is when a riot is in progress, and people are mad enough to burn their neighborhood to the ground, and they are chanting "shoot the police," well why dont they? You know in the chaos they would probably get away with it. how come no one whips out a rifle from 200 feet away and just rattles off 20 rounds?

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
One thing that has always baffled me is when a riot is in progress, and people are mad enough to burn their neighborhood to the ground, and they are chanting "shoot the police," well why dont they? You know in the chaos they would probably get away with it. how come no one whips out a rifle from 200 feet away and just rattles off 20 rounds?
You mean why don't they channel their inner gmart?:biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.