Cop in MO kills unarmed black teen

Status
Not open for further replies.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I kinda figured it would turn out he wasn't a nice, wholesome young man, but what the police did in the actual incident and what followed are two different things, and frankly I am more concerned with the latter.
if he was a suspect, he should have been apprehended appropriately. he was shot, while unarmed and with arms raised in surrender, multiple times.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
I kinda figured it would turn out he wasn't a nice, wholesome young man, but what the police did in the actual incident and what followed are two different things, and frankly I am more concerned with the latter.
He's lucky he didn't get shot by the store owner. I guess I wish he would have v. being shot by the police officer as it would have been justifiable if it was a "strong-arm" robbery as being reported.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Whatever happened to the claim there was a physical altercation between the cop and the suspect? Was that proved to be untrue or what?
That's what I would like to find out. Initial reports were the suspect reached for the officer's gun which prompted the shooting. That seems to have quieted down for now. I'm still curious about that. If he did reach for the gun, then the kid got what was coming to him. If he didn't and "gave himself up" as the witnesses are reporting, then the cop should be tried for murder. My gut says there's a "happy" medium some where.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
That's what I would like to find out. Initial reports were the suspect reached for the officer's gun which prompted the shooting. That seems to have quieted down for now. I'm still curious about that. If he did reach for the gun, then the kid got what was coming to him. If he didn't and "gave himself up" as the witnesses are reporting, then the cop should be tried for murder. My gut says there's a "happy" medium some where.
Everything I've read indicates he attacked the officer, there was an ensuing struggle, possibly for the firearm, he ran and was gunned down.

I'm certain the officer was running on adrenaline, but frankly, that's no excuse.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Yes, that is one of the stories.
well, since the enemy still refuses to release any information about what went down (so far, they are only releasing info that appears to cast aspersion on brown) i guess we may never know.

there are very few justifications for an officer to shoot an unarmed person/suspect multiple times.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Everything I've read indicates he attacked the officer, there was an ensuing struggle, possibly for the firearm, he ran and was gunned down.

I'm certain the officer was running on adrenaline, but frankly, that's no excuse.
This is what I thought I'd heard. Definitely not the story of "Innocent little black kid walking home and was stopped by cop and asked to get down. He didn't get down and the cop just pulled his gun and unloaded on innocent little black kid because we all know he was shot because he was black" that's being plastered across the tv.

Granted if the kid was running away he shouldn't have shot him. But having him attack the officer does change things a lot. Doesn't change the fact that the cop shouldn't have shot him but it does change the mindset of a cop simply shooting a black kid because that what's cops like to do.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
This is what I thought I'd heard. Definitely not the story of "Innocent little black kid walking home and was stopped by cop and asked to get down. He didn't get down and the cop just pulled his gun and unloaded on innocent little black kid because we all know he was shot because he was black" that's being plastered across the tv.

Granted if the kid was running away he shouldn't have shot him. But having him attack the officer does change things a lot. Doesn't change the fact that the cop shouldn't have shot him but it does change the mindset of a cop simply shooting a black kid because that what's cops like to do.
from what I have been able to figure out

we have a cop claiming that the kid went for his gun and attacked him so he fought back and shot

and we have a witness the kid's buddy claiming that this did not happen

we have no idea who's story is true.

All police should have video cameras on their person at all times, period. Sell the APC's and AR 15's to allied countries and use that money to fund the video recording devices and all the he said/she said crap goes away

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL

we have a cop claiming that the kid went for his gun and attacked him so he fought back and shot

All police should have video cameras on their person at all times, period. Sell the APC's and AR 15's to allied countries and use that money to fund the video recording devices and all the he said/she said crap goes away
It is also amazing how abusive personalities reverse course when they know they are being recorded.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004

WHAAAAT!?!?! I've been looking for a good deal on one. No need to sell them to outsiders. I'd take good care of them. :smile:

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Here's an article that sheds some light as to why the community appears to have been a powder keg set to explode:

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2014-08-14/change-and-chaos-in-ferguson

Certain facts we’ve heard over and over about the situation are that the police force is nearly all white, as are the elected officials controlling its town government; the population is almost two-thirds black; and these realities have created a great deal of tension between the police and the black community.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Another telling aspect of this (as was in the Trayvon Martin case) is that the rioting and all the accusations of he was shot BECAUSE he was black seem to happen immediately or shortly after the incident. The marches begin and the race angle takes off. It seems no one waits on information to come out to support the claim. The media gives air time to these claims to feed the frenzy and then sure enough, slowly but surely more information slowly comes out chipping away at the original accusations that the media has given the bulk of the air time to.

Again, I'm in agreement that the officer shouldn't shot the guy (based on the evidence we have now, but who knows what else will come out). But now that I've learned more about the incident the officer didn't simply shoot the guy "because he was black". Which is what's being suggested through the media and being said by those being interviewed in that community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.