Cop in MO kills unarmed black teen

Status
Not open for further replies.

stlimprov

1st Team
Nov 9, 2005
Saint Louis, MO
Multiple witnesses said Brown was never in the vehicle. There is at least one account that stated that the officer tried to grab Brown from within the vehicle. It is established that one shot was fired from within the vehicle.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Do we know he went for the gun? Or are we just going by what the officer said here? I'm just asking, because eye witness said quite the opposite.
That's been my concern. Based on the video of the "kid" in the store and the way he grabbed and pushed the employee/owner, I think he's a punk. Does that warrant shooting? Not by the cop per se, by the employee/owner being assaulted, absolutely. He had 100 lbs on the employee he shoved. I could definitely see a "feared for my life" statement made for a self-defense shooting by the employee/owner.

We need more information on the police shooting to know if it was justified or not. I'm still struggling with it.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
SIAP, but my wife came up with a different slant on this (as she often does). She said that walking into a convenience store, probably knowing it had a camera, wearing distinctive dress and no mask, etc., grabbing a box of cigars, shoving the mgr on the way out and then walking down the middle of the street with the stolen goods on his person sounded more like a gang initiation to her. I then remembered that I had seen a photo of him making one of the common gang signs. Another thing to remember is that, although the cop didn't know he was a suspect, Brown certainly did...

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
being suspected of robbery is no justification for killing
Being suspected of "shooting an unarmed robbery suspect the cop didn't know was a suspect" is also no justification for rioting.

Now - if you can come up with a justification for rioting, please tell us.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
SIAP, but my wife came up with a different slant on this (as she often does). She said that walking into a convenience store, probably knowing it had a camera, wearing distinctive dress and no mask, etc., grabbing a box of cigars, shoving the mgr on the way out and then walking down the middle of the street with the stolen goods on his person sounded more like a gang initiation to her. I then remembered that I had seen a photo of him making one of the common gang signs. Another thing to remember is that, although the cop didn't know he was a suspect, Brown certainly did...
Good Lord, Earle, here you go again bringing REASON to an EMOTIONAL social issue. SHAME ON YOU!!!!

stlimprov

1st Team
Nov 9, 2005
Saint Louis, MO
It is worth noting that some of the published pictures of Michael Brown have turned out to not be of Michael Brown...or at least the same Michael Brown.

HSV256

1st Team
Sep 7, 2006
Huntsville, AlaBAMA
Being suspected of "shooting an unarmed robbery suspect the cop didn't know was a suspect" is also no justification for rioting.

Now - if you can come up with a justification for rioting, please tell us.
Deflection tactic.

Neither should have taken place. One is simply an emotion reaction to another.

I'm not saying rioting is right. It simply shouldn't be a surprise considering how many other of these incidents have happened lately.

If you keep picking on a group of people, at some point there will be retaliation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.