Cop in MO kills unarmed black teen

Status
Not open for further replies.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
False. I don't know why this keeps being repeated. Report I saw had most of the people arrested being from the Metro St Louis area.
Not false. Reports have said it is a bit more even than a few weeks ago but outsiders still out number the locals. Dana Loesch had a great interview today about this with reporters in Ferguson. Her show is based out of St. Louis and the reporters were locals too.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Not false. Reports have said it is a bit more even than a few weeks ago but outsiders still out number the locals.
See my previous post. If there are outsiders there, I guess they are just run faster than the locals because by my calculations 96% of the people arrested were locals.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I just don't understand why people can't protest without the destruction of other people's property. Everyone who does this should be held accountable legally and financially. What were they actually doing, Christmas shopping? I can't understand why law enforcement and/or the National Guard did not protect people's property last night.

It's like a young kid screaming to get whatever he/she wants. It's lack of maturity or just plain anarchy!

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Ha! In his immigration speech tonight, Obama just referenced Ferguson and said something substantially like, "Those who commit criminal acts should be prosecuted." Really!

Last edited:

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Tell that to the Korean store owners that protected their businesses during the LA riots. Violence stopped violence in that case :cool:

http://humanevents.com/2012/12/23/when-assault-weapons-saved-koreatown/
In that particular case, the threat of violence was sufficient; as is me killing some fool because I feel like (justifiably) I'm in mortal danger or even serious bodily harm.
In this case, a violent act by the criminal resulted in a violent (and justified) act by the cop. You cannot break the law, then physically assault a cop (I want to curse so bad here the urge is almost overwhelming) and expect to survive unless you immediately surrender, and even then, after assaulting a cop, you might still get shot. Not surrendering is asking to get shot. Charging a cop after assaulting him is asking to get shot.
The rioters are a special kind of scum. And, yes, I agree the idiots who performs acts like this in "celebration" of winning some sporting event are also scum. You have no right to destroy someone else's property.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Personally, white people don't owe me anything. I don't get no government assistance. All we asking for is respect. When I see white people rioting in Vancouver cause they lose a Stanley cup I'm not calling them animals. We are no different than you guys
Why are you comparing one to the other? Do you think that just because one group riots because of a sports contest then it's ok for the A/A community to riot because they disagree with a criminal justice decision? I think that before you join such an act, or even support others who do, you should ask yourself: "I know why others are doing it. but why are we doing it?"

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
They should have had a huge Lenny Kravitz concert last night to celebrate black culture instead of all the violence and vandalism. That would have really showed the country who was the cool customer....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.