Cop in MO kills unarmed black teen

Status
Not open for further replies.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
what in the heck is this world coming to? i saw where an officer was screaming at protestors, I will ***** kill you.. I think he was suspended. What part of that did he think was ok? I think it was even recorded and is on youtube.
Well, we already knew that community relations between the FPD and the residents was in the crapper. It just some incident like this one to set this off...

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
what in the heck is this world coming to? i saw where an officer was screaming at protestors, I will ***** kill you.. I think he was suspended. What part of that did he think was ok? I think it was even recorded and is on youtube.
Huffington Post.com has an article and a video of that. Graphic language.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I've continually maintained that demonstrations as we have witnessed in Ferguson, etc, do not help the cause.

Apparently I'm not the only one that feels that way....

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
That seems to not have taken place night before last, not sure about last night. It appears there was a considerable amount of that done by non-locals, and they have arrested more than a few people.

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
Fairly believable account. Interesting to note that a crucial period between when Brown was running away from the officer and when he was going down was missed by this witness as he was trying to rush outside to get a better vantage point with his phone :)rolleyes:). Consequently, this witness missed the period when Brown would have been either surrendering or charging.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Just had David Miller as a guest on CNN who teaches urban survival.....including this flow-diagram he developed.

Now to me....all of this seems like cmmon sense. The stuff you automatically know.....from being brought up to understand the concept of rerspect - especially for those public servants charged with community safety.

Not sure how much will help thieves (like Brown) and other thugs....they should have their own flow chart!

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
Like the guy preaching about changing instead of looting, rioting and marching over injustice. Miller won't get his point across, too many don't want it that way.

Last edited:

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
Fairly believable account. Interesting to note that a crucial period between when Brown was running away from the officer and when he was going down was missed by this witness as he was trying to rush outside to get a better vantage point with his phone :)rolleyes:). Consequently, this witness missed the period when Brown would have been either surrendering or charging.

I was listening to this at lunch but didn't catch it all. I thought he said he did not hear any shots but he was supposed to be looking out his window. That's one sound proof apartment.

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
Just had David Miller as a guest on CNN who teaches urban survival.....including this flow-diagram he developed.

Now to me....all of this seems like cmmon sense. The stuff you automatically know.....from being brought up to understand the concept of rerspect - especially for those public servants charged with community safety.

Not sure how much will help thieves (like Brown) and other thugs....they should have their own flow chart!
I commend Mr. Miller for trying to help. There is a generation of young men in America - and don't think they're all black or inner city, either - who grew up without a father figure to stabilize the home, with more negative than positive role models, and without due restraint. I know he won't reach them all, but if Mr. Miller can reach a few with basic civics lessons, then he has whatever blessings I can give him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.