Cop in MO kills unarmed black teen

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
What I can't stand about this sort of thing is that people feel compelled to create a narrative. Other issues that have nothing to with the case at hand.

Maybe a guy (not a boy) was still edgy after robbing a store and wrestled with a cop and then the cop shot him a little too quickly. There's no reason folks need to create a larger narrative.

Sometimes things happen.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
And people wonder why folks in these areas get fired up at the hint of injustice.

Straw, camel, back...
Having cops like this on the force certainly doesn't help.

A St. Louis County police officer, who was seen pushing a CNN anchor during protests in Ferguson, Mo., this week, was suspended from duty after a controversial video surfaced, in which he fashions himself as a merciless killer.

“I personally believe in Jesus Christ as my lord and savior, but I’m also a killer,” said officer Dan Page, a 35-year veteran, in the video. “I’ve killed a lot. And if I need to, I’ll kill a whole bunch more. If you don’t want to get killed, don’t show up in front of me. I have no problems with it. God did not raise me to be a coward." Page added, “I’m into diversity — I kill everybody. I don’t care."

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Funny, we went to breakfast this morning and a Katy ISD cop Muniz who he and I had a run in a few years back was at the restaurant. When I saw him I said "Douche bag!" In a friendly Texas greeting.

This pig was at one of our high school baseball games bragging to a parent how he arrested an 8 year old girl who bit her teacher. He's a total ******. Total napoleonic syndrome.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Polybius said:
For the people, having grown accustomed to feed at the expense of others and to depend for their livelihood on the property of others, as soon as they find a leader who is enterprising but is excluded from the houses of office by his penury, institute the rule of violence; and now uniting their forces massacre, banish, and plunder, until they degenerate again into perfect savages and find once more a master and monarch.
Polybius on anacyclosis.
Just read this and thought of this thread for some reason.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Polybius said:
Lycurgus had perfectly well understood that all the above changes take place necessarily and naturally, and had taken into consideration that every variety of constitution which is simple and formed on principle is precarious, as it is soon perverted into the corrupt form which is proper to it and naturally follows on it. For just as rust in the case of iron and wood-worms and ship-worms in the case of timber are inbred pests, and these substances, even though they escape all external injury, fall a prey to the evils engendered in them, so each constitution has a vice engendered in it and inseparable from it.
And this one, a bit later.

gmart74

Hall of Fame
Oct 9, 2005
Baltimore, Md
evidently the kid had a dream that he died. people are calling this a prophecy. i'd say considering his lifestyle choices of robbing stores and beating up cops, that it shouldnt quite reach the level of prophecy.

i dreamed i am going to wake up at 7am and go to work tomorrow. boom!!!! prophet gmart.

evidently the kid had a dream that he died. people are calling this a prophecy. i'd say considering his lifestyle choices of robbing stores and beating up cops, that it shouldnt quite reach the level of prophecy.

i dreamed i am going to wake up at 7am and go to work tomorrow. boom!!!! prophet gmart.
They need to stop that.

I think I'm gonna have the same dream that you have tonight, and it's recurring.

Sent from my iPhone

Roll Tide! 15 Time National Champions, More BCS Championships than any school...

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Any other news on this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Notice how slow any news that doesn't show Brown in an angelic light is very slow to come out? I know many don't like him but he is completely right about the media creating a narrative. It is sickening but 100% true. The narrative is that white cops just go around shooting black youth in the back. That was "what happened" in the early reports. Anything that has not furthered that narrative has been buried.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Notice how slow any news that doesn't show Brown in an angelic light is very slow to come out? I know many don't like him but he is completely right about the media creating a narrative. It is sickening but 100% true. The narrative is that white cops just go around shooting black youth in the back. That was "what happened" in the early reports. Anything that has not furthered that narrative has been buried.
You mean like the video of him staling from the convergence store?

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
So, this has been weighing on me. All these people protesting for a couple of weeks, don't they have jobs? I get a Saturday or Sunday, but come on man, go to work already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.