Cop in MO kills unarmed black teen

Status
Not open for further replies.

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL
Officers don't allow anyone in the front seat while on duty.
It's been 20 years ago, and maybe protocol has changed or maybe he broke protocol, but...
The one speeding ticket I've ever got, the AL State Trooper only said two sentences to me.
"Give me your license and registration." After he got done running that and came back to my car, "Sit in the front seat of my car." So, I sat in the front passenger seat as he sat behind the wheel and wrote my ticket.

Edit: I had a passenger with me; he stayed in my car. Don't know if that had any bearing in the trooper having me go to his car.

Last edited:

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
It's been 20 years ago, and maybe protocol has changed or maybe he broke protocol, but...
The one speeding ticket I've ever got, the AL State Trooper only said two sentences to me.
"Give me your license and registration." After he got done running that and came back to my car, "Sit in the front seat of my car." So, I sat in the front passenger seat as he sat behind the wheel and wrote my ticket.

Edit: I had a passenger with me; he stayed in my car. Don't know if that had any bearing in the trooper having me go to his car.
Maybe the Trooper just thought you were hawt.

gmart74

Hall of Fame
Oct 9, 2005
Baltimore, Md
In situations like these, it would be interesting if the police force in the town just walked up to the podium and said, "Ya know, we agree with all the gangbangers, thieves, muggers, and revs. BC of that every police officer in this town quits, effective immediately. Enjoy the circus." <drops mic>

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I think it varies with the LE agency. The only State Trooper ticket I ever got, he also had me sit in front with him. I asked him how fast his radar said I was going. He pointed to it and I was doing 12 over the limit. He then backed it down to 10 over and said that I'd never see a radar set below that. Ever since, I'll fudge up to 8-9 mph over and feel safe...

Edit: This occurred in Alabama with a AL st. trooper. Some other states, Kansas comes to mind, enforce to the actual limit, although, when those cases are contested, it turns out their equipment isn't accurate enough to really tell when someone is one mph over the limit. Colorado, throughout most of the state has a 75 mph limit, so most people drive at least 80. The KS state troopers used to set up speed traps right at the state line. They'd radar you at the line and about a mile down the road would be several troopers and a line of stopped cars getting ticketed...

Last edited:

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
WASHINGTON — The police officer who fatally shot Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo., two months ago has told investigators that he was pinned in his vehicle and in fear for his life as he struggled over his gun with Mr. Brown, according to government officials briefed on the federal civil rights investigation into the matter.

The officer, Darren Wilson, has told the authorities that during the scuffle, Mr. Brown reached for the gun. It was fired twice in the car, according to forensics tests performed by the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The first bullet struck Mr. Brown in the arm; the second bullet missed.

The forensics tests showed Mr. Brown’s blood on the gun, as well as on the interior door panel and on Officer Wilson’s uniform. Officer Wilson told the authorities that Mr. Brown had punched and scratched him repeatedly, leaving swelling on his face and cuts on his neck.
Continue reading the main story
Related Coverage

A detail from a report showing the entry, and re-entry and exit wounds from six bullets.
Autopsy Shows Michael Brown Was Struck at Least 6 TimesAUG. 17, 2014
Protesters marched Tuesday in Ferguson, Mo., where the shooting death of a black teenager by a white police officer has spurred 10 days of unrest.
Shooting Accounts Differ as Holder Schedules Visit to FergusonAUG. 19, 2014
In a Video, Police Chief of Ferguson ApologizesSEPT. 25, 2014

This is the first public account of Officer Wilson’s testimony to investigators, but it does not explain why, after he emerged from his vehicle, he fired at Mr. Brown multiple times. It contradicts some witness accounts, and it will not calm those who have been demanding to know why an unarmed man was shot a total of six times. Mr. Brown’s death continues to fuel anger and sometimes-violent protests.
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/18/us/ferguson-case-officer-is-said-to-cite-struggle.html?_r=0

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I think it varies with the LE agency. The only State Trooper ticket I ever got, he also had me sit in front with him. I asked him how fast his radar said I was going. He pointed to it and I was doing 12 over the limit. He then backed it down to 10 over and said that I'd never see a radar set below that. Ever since, I'll fudge up to 8-9 mph over and feel safe...
I had a Mississippi Highway Patrolman tell me the same thing....I think it's common in the South, at least.

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
Things seem pretty tense here, but it could be more imagining it in my head than anything. I'm hoping if anything happens, it stays in Ferguson or the north side of STL. I in the suburbs on the far south side of STL, and I really don't want to die before I get married in June. Haha...actually it's not really funny.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
So....we just had Brown's layer at USA last night. I wish I would have known; but then again, maybe it's better I didn't know. I would have gotten arrested or maybe killed. What I would have said is, "Do you believe the evidence that proves the cop was assaulted?" If not, then no more discussion, as a racist will never believe the truth, no matter what evidence you have to support it. If so, then "How can you sit there and say it's OK for someone to assault a cop and then say it's not OK when they get shot in response?" Then it would probably have hit the fan.
No, there is no hope for "change"; some flat out refuse to accept responsibility for what they or their loved ones do. I say shoot 'em all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.