Cop in MO kills unarmed black teen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
We have a culture problem? No, we are sick and tired of some whites acting as we don't exist. At least Wilson could've got indicted but he didn't. This is why I dont talk race here, cause y'all ain't trying to hear us, instead you look at us as whiners instead of trying understand us.
Did someone say something?

The cop wasn't indicted because the Grand Jury didn't think their was sufficient evidence. We don't hear you? We don't need to "listen" because actions speak louder than words. In Ferguson, we're seeing a lot.
You don't want to be seen as whiners? Quit whining, stand up and start being decent working citizens. When something doesn't go your way, don't take it out of inanimate objects like cars, businesses, news cameras, etc..
When your community riots because a cop who shot a criminal isn't indicted by a grand jury you're showing just how animal-like your community thinks and acts.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
We have a culture problem? No, we are sick and tired of some whites acting as we don't exist. At least Wilson could've got indicted but he didn't. This is why I dont talk race here, cause y'all ain't trying to hear us, instead you look at us as whiners instead of trying understand us.
As for the no-bill - I've not seen the evidence, but the people on the grand jury have, they saw all of it before they decided there wasn't enough evidence to try him. Is the legal system perfect? Nope, I'd be the first to admit that.

And I can only assume you aren't out burning other people's property in protest since you're with us here, which means much of what's been typed on this thread wouldn't be about you.

That said, if you think this is the way to make progress, you couldn't be more wrong. Do you really think these hoodlums burning cars and looting businesses are worried about their civil rights? No, they're broken people from broken homes using this as an excuse to destroy steal and destroy. And frankly, these people are only hurting the the bigger cause.

I completely understand (as well as I can) that being black in the USA is a different experience - I've stated this multiple times through this very thread. But if the AA community is unwilling to admit there is a foundational cultural issue that needs to be addressed here, nothing is going to change.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I don't look at "y'all" as anything other than people. But when I look at those rioters, I don't see whiners I see deadbeat criminals. I don't see protesters or activists, I see losers. I see takers who rob, steal, and terrorize innocent people. That's what I see. When I see the young man who was shot and killed, I see a wasted life of a person who made choices to be on the wrong side of society. Did he deserve to die for robbing that store? Of course not. Would he had been shot by that police officer if he had made the choice to stay and home and watch tv, read a book, hang out with friends? Almost assuredly not.

Do black people understand how often white people are wronged in this country, how often white people have their things stolen, have their children abducted, killed, are killed themselves? Do black people understand how often police brutality visits itself upon whites in this country every day?

Injustice is injustice regardless of color. I hate to say there is a culture problem within black society because I hate there even being such a thing as "black society." I would more accurately say that we have many cultural issues in this country across all races. What has gone on in Ferguson since the shooting is inexcusable on any level.

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
Did someone say something?

The cop wasn't indicted because the Grand Jury didn't think their was sufficient evidence. We don't hear you? We don't need to "listen" because actions speak louder than words. In Ferguson, we're seeing a lot.
You don't want to be seen as whiners? Quit whining, stand up and start being decent working citizens. When something doesn't go your way, don't take it out of inanimate objects like cars, businesses, news cameras, etc..
When your community riots because a cop who shot a criminal isn't indicted by a grand jury you're showing just how animal-like your community thinks and acts.
This goes back to not understanding our position!

HartselleTider

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
I will add;

Those people don't have a cop problem, they have a liberal democrat problem.

Dead spot on. Martin Luther King Jr. was a Republican... but nobody likes to talk about that.

The people representing the black community nowdays don't even belong in the same breath as MLK Jr.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
This goes back to not understanding our position!
You could start another thread with that discussion......but this one is about the Grand Jury process, the decision by the jurors, and the subsequent violence last night.

We have a legal system in this country. If you don't like it join the club. But fight with words...not destruction of private and public property.

There's really nothing more to say.

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
As for the no-bill - I've not seen the evidence, but the people on the grand jury have, they saw all of it before they decided there wasn't enough evidence to try him. Is the legal system perfect? Nope, I'd be the first to admit that.

And I can only assume you aren't out burning other people's property in protest since you're with us here, which means much of what's been typed on this thread wouldn't be about you.

That said, if you think this is the way to make progress, you couldn't be more wrong. Do you really think these hoodlums burning cars and looting businesses are worried about their civil rights? No, they're broken people from broken homes using this as an excuse to destroy steal and destroy. And frankly, these people are only hurting the the bigger cause.

I completely understand (as well as I can) that being black in the USA is a different experience - I've stated this multiple times through this very thread. But if the AA community is unwilling to admit there is a foundational cultural issue that needs to be addressed here, nothing is going to change.
No, I'm not a violent person, right here at home lol. While I don't agree with people looting from hair shops and liquor stores, there are actually people angry because they want their voice heard but have to take have to take certain measures. It was rare for the cop to get away with no indictment. The whole situation could've been avoided. I just look at the cops injuries like, well just say I've seen school fight result in worse injuries. Thank you CA for understanding my position and not jumping on me.

Last edited:

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
And just what is your position?
Any position that includes "it is okay to attack people unprovoked" doesn't really warrant deeper inquiry.

Freedom of speech does not include the right to "be heard" and most certainly does not cover rioting to send a message.

Last edited:

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
No, I'm not a violent person, right here at home lol. While I don't agree with people looting from hair shops and liquor stores, there are actually people angry because they want their voice heard but have to take have to take certain measures. It was rare for the cop to get away with no indictment. The whole situation could've been avoided.
Yes, it could have been avoided by the guy that was shot not turning to criminal behavior. Had he not made that choice, he would likely have never been confronted by the cop. When he was stopped, he then decided to assault the cop. Everyone - and I mean everyone, knows better than to assault a cop. No one does that and gets away with it. He made bad decisions. Not one bad decision, but two. The first one turned him into a criminal. The second one cost him his life. They were his decisions, and no one else's. The fault belongs on him and no one else.
For the black community as a whole to get up and start a riot is uncalled for and completely unacceptable social behavior.
If I missed something, please enlighten me.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
We are sick and tired of you acting like we owe you something. I don't owe you or any other black a damn thing. I wasn't around in slavery, I wasn't around during the civil rights movement, but I do know I pay a helluva lot of taxes to provide free housing, free food and a bunch of other sundries to people who think they are "owed." I don't owe you anything. You want change, fix your community. Quit expecting "Me" to fix it.

Capt. Jack

Suspended
Jun 20, 2006
To claim that a group of people is "misunderstood" is an unacceptable excuse for such despicable behavior and, quite frankly, it makes you seem extremely weak-minded.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
No, I'm not a violent person, right here at home lol. While I don't agree with people looting from hair shops and liquor stores, there are actually people angry because they want their voice heard but have to take have to take certain measures. It was rare for the cop to get away with no indictment. The whole situation could've been avoided. I just look at the cops injuries like, well just say I've seen school fight result in worse injuries. Thank you CA for understanding my position and not jumping on me.
The opportunity to be heard exists for those people just as it does for us. We can contact our representatives in government. They rarely listen to any of us so the voting booth is the only avenue to be heard. Unfortunately the AA community has voted in lock-step for decades for those who lie to get their votes. The liberals in government, some with an "R" in front of their names, want to keep the black community in a dependent state. As that is becoming more obvious they are being replaced with illegal immigrants who will vote for the same greedy and power hungry individuals who are inciting the racial strife.

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
We are sick and tired of you acting like we owe you something. I don't owe you or any other black a damn thing. I wasn't around in slavery, I wasn't around during the civil rights movement, but I do know I pay a helluva lot of taxes to provide free housing, free food and a bunch of other sundries to people who think they are "owed." I don't owe you anything. You want change, fix your community. Quit expecting "Me" to fix it.
Personally, white people don't owe me anything. I don't get no government assistance. All we asking for is respect. When I see white people rioting in Vancouver cause they lose a Stanley cup I'm not calling them animals. We are no different than you guys

Mamacalled

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2000
Pelham, Al
If the black community in this country wants to know why racism is still a problem, all they have do do is watch this mess. Where are the black leaders, why aren't they speaking out against this kind of behavior? Why aren't they ever trying to affect a change of attitude in their own culture? (Both of those questions are rhetorical, I know the answers.)

Until the black community decides that it wants to change its own image then we will have to continue to deal with this animal mentality.

They've shot a cop now so they've even the score, which is all this was ever about in their minds. Justice, this culture doesn't know the meaning of the word justice.
Much of the problem is with the media. Media that cares more for creating a story than reporting one. Instead of waiting for facts to come out they rush to report information without having it verified. "Michael Brown was unarmed with his hands up" even though there were plenty other witnesses that contradicted that. Those witnesses claims were ignored by the media setting off a firestorm.
Secondly, many of the protestors are nothing more than agitators that are not even from the Ferguson area. These agitators include white people who are members of far left groups who have an agenda. These are the people that the media has focused on not the many black people who have called for peace or sided with the Ferguson PD. I know many who made reasoned responses but they have been overlooked by the agitators. These are the people that rammerjammer15 could be talking about when he says that they are not heard.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Personally, white people don't owe me anything. I don't get no government assistance. All we asking for is respect. When I see white people rioting in Vancouver cause they lose a Stanley cup I'm not calling them animals. We are no different than you guys
Respect is earned, not given. Personally, I think the white people rioting after a win should be shot as well. Any destruction of private property that isn't yours should be dealt with swiftly and harshly. And I didn't call the rioters animals. Idiots maybe, but not animals.

As for being no different than "us," maybe. But mostly your leadership is absent and what leadership you do have is absolutely corrupt. I think Jesus summed it up nicely in Luke 6:42.

Mamacalled

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2000
Pelham, Al
Yes, it could have been avoided by the guy that was shot not turning to criminal behavior. Had he not made that choice, he would likely have never been confronted by the cop. When he was stopped, he then decided to assault the cop. Everyone - and I mean everyone, knows better than to assault a cop. No one does that and gets away with it. He made bad decisions. Not one bad decision, but two. The first one turned him into a criminal. The second one cost him his life. They were his decisions, and no one else's. The fault belongs on him and no one else.
For the black community as a whole to get up and start a riot is uncalled for and completely unacceptable social behavior.
If I missed something, please enlighten me.
I think the highlighted part is where much of the misunderstanding comes from. Non of my black friends or family are rioting or support the riots. Again, the media focuses on the loudest which does not equate to the majority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.