Cop in MO kills unarmed black teen

Status
Not open for further replies.

bamahippie

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2000
Cullman, AL
I was thinking about painting my house, but didn't want to work real hard.

Do any of you mind if I come borrow the broad brushes that you have?

Black, white, it doesn't matter. I don't discriminate in who I borrow broad brushes from.

:blush:

BamaPokerplayer

All-American
Oct 10, 2004
Did they tell business owners to stand down and not defend their property? I don't think I saw any owners, hunkered down.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
If I were in charge of marketing or business development for Auto Zone or Little Caesar's, or any of the chain businesses that were torched, I'd be hard pressed to find many reasons to rebuild in that area.

If those were franchise owners, they pretty much lost everything. Wonder what the Dept. of Justice will do to assist them?

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Here is an opinion piece that is responsive to some of the discussion:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...e_a_moral_divide_not_a_racial_one_124753.html

It is, we are told over and over, all about "perceptions" -- a "black-white divide" in the way each race perceives racial matters. This is how it works:

Many blacks see racism almost everywhere -- especially in arrest, conviction and incarceration rates, and in white police interactions with blacks. On the other hand, whites (specifically, whites who are not on the left) think that white racism has largely been conquered, and therefore blacks' disproportionately high arrest and conviction rates are the result of black behavior, particularly the high out-of-wedlock birth rate that has deprived the great majority of black children of fathers, not white racism.

According to the "black-white divide" way of thinking, these are simply two conflicting perceptions.

It is difficult to overstate how damaging this is.

It denies the very existence of the two pillars of civilization -- objective truth and moral truth.

Highway59

1st Team
Jan 29, 2009
In Alabama off "highway59"
All I have got to say in regards to this, the wrong questions are being asked by the news media outlets. The constant harping over how can we go about bridging the divide between the "community" and the law enforcement personnel? The question regarding this that I see that needs to be addressed is what makes someone decide that it is fair behavior to walk into business and take goods and bully, then walk out without paying for items? That is where this all started. No respect of others and their possessions and life. I've not saw any "community" leaders addressing this in these several weeks since this all happened. Maybe they have and its just not news worthy, or I've just missed it... But I believe you have to live with the consequences of your own behavior. But in this case this person died because of the consequences of his behavior...... But lets lay the blame everywhere but where it should be placed. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

HartselleTider

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
Here is an opinion piece that is responsive to some of the discussion:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...e_a_moral_divide_not_a_racial_one_124753.html

That's the problem. Blacks commit crimes and get arrested...and all they see is racism. They were arrested because they were black. Not because they commited a crime. In fact, they should've been allowed to commit the crime because they were black.

Furthermore, "whitey" doesn't care if they protest. Do it peacefully and with dignity the way the law allows. Don't even care if they want to burn all their own businesses and stores down... but they're burning the businesses and stores of honest, law abiding, taxpaying black citizens in Ferguson. Not to mention squad cars that the taxpayers paid for. These terroristic protesters didn't pay a nickel towards those squad cars they burned.

Speaking of the constitution and how it's interpreted, the left hate the constitution. Yet they feel they can interpretate it's meaning for everyone else. Take the 2nd Amendment for example... the liberals and gun control nuts are quick to tell you what they think the forefathers really meant when they wrote it... despite not subscribing to it in the first place.

The point is, "whitey" is tired of the racial uproar and media outrage anytime it's a black life taken at the hands of a white person... even if it's during the line of duty by a cop being attacked. However, they won't protest the thousands of violent crimes committed by their own kind. A black life is only valuable when it's taken by a white man.

It's within their culture. Just like it's ok for all of 'em to call each other the N-Word, but it better not come out of "whitey's" mouth. It's all ok as long until they know they can play the victim. It's the hypocrisy and double standards that they set for themselves they have to change. Whitey can't change it for 'em.

It's the culture that is of their own choosing. Political affiliation is also a choice for all of us. Color of our skin is not. It's the culture that they have to change in order for society to work for them and not against them. They're victims of their own culture. Not society and not racism.

Mamacalled

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2000
Pelham, Al
That's the problem. Blacks commit crimes and get arrested...and all they see is racism. They were arrested because they were black. Not because they commited a crime. In fact, they should've been allowed to commit the crime because they were black.

Furthermore, "whitey" doesn't care if they protest. Do it peacefully and with dignity the way the law allows. Don't even care if they want to burn all their own businesses and stores down... but they're burning the businesses and stores of honest, law abiding, taxpaying black citizens in Ferguson. Not to mention squad cars that the taxpayers paid for. These terroristic protesters didn't pay a nickel towards those squad cars they burned.

Speaking of the constitution and how it's interpreted, the left hate the constitution. Yet they feel they can interpretate it's meaning for everyone else. Take the 2nd Amendment for example... the liberals and gun control nuts are quick to tell you what they think the forefathers really meant when they wrote it... despite not subscribing to it in the first place.

The point is, "whitey" is tired of the racial uproar and media outrage anytime it's a black life taken at the hands of a white person... even if it's during the line of duty by a cop being attacked. However, they won't protest the thousands of violent crimes committed by their own kind. A black life is only valuable when it's taken by a white man.

It's within their culture. Just like it's ok for all of 'em to call each other the N-Word, but it better not come out of "whitey's" mouth. It's all ok as long until they know they can play the victim. It's the hypocrisy and double standards that they set for themselves they have to change. Whitey can't change it for 'em.

It's the culture that is of their own choosing. Political affiliation is also a choice for all of us. Color of our skin is not. It's the culture that they have to change in order for society to work for them and not against them. They're victims of their own culture. Not society and not racism.
You are correct except for when you use the word "They" like that is how all blacks think. Much like someone from California saying Southerners are stupid. Many blacks do not think that way. Many blacks do not support the riots in Ferguson. Unless you mean they as in the rioters and supporters, it is wrong to lump all in one category.

HartselleTider

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
You are correct except for when you use the word "They" like that is how all blacks think. Much like someone from California saying Southerners are stupid. Many blacks do not think that way. Many blacks do not support the riots in Ferguson. Unless you mean they as in the rioters and supporters, it is wrong to lump all in one category.

Thought it was pretty clear in the second paragraph.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
What they are doing on tv right now...speaking peacefully about the issue ..is what needs to be done. I respect this way of speaking out.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
This whole situation makes me very sad. I do quite a bit of work during the summer in the inner city (Mobile) through a local ministry/church. I have been heavily involved with this ministry for 10 years. I'm not surprised by any of the outcomes (Brown's action, looting, rioting, etc.). But, when you give citizens in the inner city hope and a sense of family it's amazing what can happen. There are people working to "change" the culture in various inner cities (Also, it's not just inner city. Poor white America has many of the same cultural problems with fatherless homes, government dependence, etc. It's a huge problem here in Winston Co.). I have seen the difference this work can make, but I have also seen the ugly side. Most in the inner city I have dealt with would not and do not condone this riotous behavior. Most of the rioting and looting are a being done by outsiders, not by residences of Ferguson. I pray that this can be gotten under control soon.

The people I feel the most sorrow for is the business owners who have lost their livelihood because some people have no sense of boundaries and ethics (Don't give me the ethics are relative garbage. In this situation, they are cut and dried). These small business owners may not survive this, and if they do, will not open back up in Ferguson (I wouldnt). The long term affects of these rioters and looters on this community will be staggering, especially for a community that was being rebuilt to a good neighborhood. (Do some research on Ferguson and the rebuilding process they were involved in).

Last edited:

CrimsonPride25

1st Team
Jul 25, 2012
Mobile, Al
Cavuto is interviewing the Sheriff of the county and he is absolutely nailing it. Hopefully they will post a video because his thoughts on President Obama's comments were dead on

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
The people I feel the most sorrow for is the business owners who have lost their livelihood because some people have no sense of boundaries and ethics (Don't give me the ethics are relative garbage. In this situation, they are cut and dried). These small business owners may not survive this, and if they do, will not open back up in Ferguson (I wouldnt). The long term affects of these rioters and looters on this community will be staggering, especially for a community that was being rebuilt to a good neighborhood. (Do some research on Ferguson and the rebuilding process they were involved in).
I just saw an interview with the owner of a bakery in Ferguson, whose shop was broken into and looted.
She is an African-American. Way to go, rioters. Show your outrage by looting a black woman's business. That'll show "the man."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.