Cop in MO kills unarmed black teen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/11/o...rth-face-its-racism.html?ref=todayspaper&_r=0

Notably, however, high profile-cases of police brutality have recently come to be associated with the North rather than the South. And it is in the South that two recent cases of police shootings of unarmed black people resulted in more vigorous prosecution.
It suggests that the South, after decades of wrestling with its history, is now willing to face injustice head on. And it suggests that the North, after decades of insisting that it was fairer and more free, could eventually do the same.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
http://thefederalist.com/2015/01/22/ferguson-the-line-to-apologize-forms-on-the-left/

Eric Holder’s Justice Department has looked at the case and decided that the evidence indicates Officer Wilson was justified in shooting Michael Brown.

This is actually not much of a surprise. When local prosecutor Robert McCulloch announced the grand jury’s decision not to prosecute the officer, he strongly emphasized that federal investigators had access to the exact same evidence, which was his way of expressing confidence that they would reach the same conclusions. The
Times report confirms this: “The federal investigation did not uncover any facts that differed significantly from the evidence made public by the authorities in Missouri late last year.”
...it’s clearly time to apologize—for every activist and journalist (but I repeat myself) who bought into the simplistic, self-serving “hands up, don’t shoot” narrative and broadcast it far and wide based on false testimony; who reflexively dismissed Wilson’s side of the story as preposterous and unbelievable; who doggedly upheld a wider narrative that slanders police officers across the country as murderous racists.

Don’t apologize because I shamed you into it, or because I’m trying to sell you on my advice
for how to avoid debacles like this in the future. Do it because if you want to hold others accountable for their action, you need to first make sure you are accountable for your own.

So it’s time for an apology. And the line should be forming up, appropriately, on the left.

Last edited:

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
It's not too awfully different from the Duke Lacrosse situation, and I believe several of them were awarded multi-million dollar settlements. I won't be holding my breath for any media self-admonishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.