Monday, August 11 Practices Updates

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Watch Alabama LB Rashaan Evans go 1-on-1 with Denzel Devall in physical practice drill

From watching the Alabama outside linebackers practice, you can see the importance of a player like Rashaan Evans.

Positional coach Lance Thompson shows extra attention teaching the drills to the former coveted recruit equipped with speed and athleticism. He got another message from junior linebacker Denzel Devall in the Monday morning practice.

Thompson added on after Devall took Evans to the ground in a 1-on-1 drill.

"Welcome to the real world, baby," Thompson said. "Welcome to the real world."

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Christion Jones is talking to the media now:

Jones: we did a great job offensively and defensively at practice, but the rain slowed things down
Jones: (playing with white and cooper) it's great and competitive. Me make each other better
Jones: everyday we do some type of special teams
Jones: we're trying to find the identity of this team, the leaders have gotta step up
Jones: there really hasn't been a cornerback stand out cause they're all playing great.
Jones: Chris black and ardarius Stewart are doing a great job. Just like everyone, they're trying to get better

Arie Koundjio talking to the media:

Kouandjio: we've made a lot of progress, a lot of guys stepping up. Everyday we take a step forward
Kouandjio: I miss my brother, playing next to him was a lot of fun. But I'm out there with Cam (Robinson) now
Kouandjio: I feel like we have a lot of guys that can play (on the offensive line)
Kouandjio: no not really, I don't really feel like a senior. Maybe down the road I will but I'm focused on getting everyone and myself right
Kouandjio: Da'Shawn (Hand) has a lot of ability and weapons and he's improving upon that. He's gonna be a great player
Kouandjio on time between practices on two-a-days: there's a lot of sleeping involved, a lot of eating and meetings.

Last edited:

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
This team seems to have "togetherness", and it doesn't seem like they're under a lot of stress. Seeing leadership on offense and the offensive line.

Defense seems to be a mystery at this point. The only thing we know is we have a boatload of talent.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
This team seems to have "togetherness", and it doesn't seem like they're under a lot of stress. Seeing leadership on offense and the offensive line.

Defense seems to be a mystery at this point. The only thing we know is we have a boatload of talent.
I know that CNS has commented that the D has a ways to go, but I`d be stunned if we`re not salty on D, particularly the front 7.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I bet if you could share a couple of Little Debbie cakes and coffee with CNS he'd tell you that he sees an unbelievable amount of raw, unproven, but very promising looking talent all over the defensive side of the ball.

I think he probably wakes up every day looking forward to molding them into something special and, if you could catch him when he's in a real good mood like right after a relaxing re-run of the Love Boat with Miss Terry he'd probably admit they'll be one of his best defenses ever!;)

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
RTR91, just wanted to say "thanks" for providing this stuff. It's much appreciated out here in South Korea.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I have scoured through the Internet reading the last few days practice and scrimmage reports and lately the QB situation is on lockdown. I can't find out ANYTHING. I don't know if that's good, bad, or CNS just trying to protect both guys but It's looking like we won't have a clue as to what's going on until we are watching the WV game.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Well,Saban found out that this board went overboard with coker/sims analysis :)
I have scoured through the Internet reading the last few days practice and scrimmage reports and lately the QB situation is on lockdown. I can't find out ANYTHING. I don't know if that's good, bad, or CNS just trying to protect both guys but It's looking like we won't have a clue as to what's going on until we are watching the WV game.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Was it like this in 2011? I can't remember if the info on AJ and Phillip was kept quiet or not.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.