Question: AJ McCarron & Barrett Jones Info?

mark9765

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 10, 2006
Decatur,Al
There is not much information that I can find about Aj's arm. Does anyone know what the problem is and if it will eventually be fixed so Aj can compete? Also is Barret Jones getting any playing time during the preseason? Any chance of him getting a starting spot? I did read that he has bulked up during the off season.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I think AJ has a shoulder injury and if I remember correctly he will miss a lot of the pre season. The scrolling marquee on the NFL Network stated he would not play in the pre-season games. I'm not sure if that will put him in danger of being cut or not.

I have no news on Jones. But I'm sure where ever he's at he's keeping it classy.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
AJ McCarron is not getting cut. It was Bengal decision to not let him throw in the camps and play in preseason. AJ has stated he is fine and wanted to get on the field, but the Bengals will not let him. they are being careful with him.

Jones, I believe he should be okay.. supposed to get some playing time this year. They're high on him. We have lot of players that may not play in preseason but will play in regular season. http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/08/nfl_preseason_week_1_ends_for.html#incart_river

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
AJ McCarron is not getting cut. It was Bengal decision to not let him throw in the camps and play in preseason. AJ has stated he is fine and wanted to get on the field, but the Bengals will not let him. they are being careful with him.

Jones, I believe he should be okay.. supposed to get some playing time this year. They're high on him. We have lot of players that may not play in preseason but will play in regular season. http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/08/nfl_preseason_week_1_ends_for.html#incart_river
Strange. If AJ is really "fine" you'd think the Bengals would rather be seeing him get snaps than Jason Campbell.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
AJ is not going to say his shoulder hurts, but it's messed up. Bengals knew that when they drafted him. He will get his shot to make the team, they are taking the right approach.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.