DL Raekwon Davis Updates

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Re: ***2016 DL Raekwon Davis Commits to Alabama ***

from Barton S (247 Sports):

"Despite a report on Twitter that Meridian (Miss.) High School defensive tackle Raekwon Davis had decommitted from Alabama, the 6-7, 315 pounder has informed 247Sports that he remains solid. Davis was adamant when pressed that he remains committed.
Davis will continue to be a prospect that Alabama will need to fight to hold on to with LSU, Mississippi State and Ole Miss among the numerous schools that have been working to get in the fight following his meteoric rise this spring and summer."
Hopefully the kid honors his commitment and keeps his word. Mississippi kids always worry me since Ole Sis and MSU will do everything in their power to keep them in-$tate.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: *** Raekwon Davis Commits to Alabama ***

Seeing some talk on Twitter that fans shouldn't expect Raekwon to be in this class. TIFWIW.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Re: *** Raekwon Davis Commits to Alabama ***

I hope he sticks with us. Thing is that the Mississippi schools have some pretty good coaches and, of course, the draw of playing in front of fans in their home state is pretty strong.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Re: 2016 DL Raekwon Davis Flips to Miss. St

I'm surprised it took him this long to de commit. He was one of the kids I mentioned that wouldn't end up in the 2016 class in the end. Lots of fans were counting on him to be the next great defensive linemen, I cringed when he was lump with Kendall Jones or Quinnen William . He was always looking around and even stated he was never 100%. Furthermore even if he sign with us on NSD, his academic issues was not going to allow him to come to Bama regardless.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

Expected. This among a couple of others. But in the end, with Saban, Pruitt, Cristobal, Lupoi, and Burton Burns, watch the for the fireworks. The "grand finale" should be spectacular. :smile:

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011

Hope you are right about all of that. Just seems like a very strange year recruiting-wise. Will surely be more challenging with Kirby now in Athens, LSU trying to put a fence around Louisiana and the antics being played in Oxford by Ole Mi$$ and Freeze.
Expected. This among a couple of others. But in the end, with Saban, Pruitt, Cristobal, Lupoi, and Burton Burns, watch the for the fireworks. The "grand finale" should be spectacular. :smile:

allybama2009

1st Team
Jan 1, 2009
Conway, SC

He said he is still committed to bama. I'm assuming it's only a matter of time until he indeed flips. Is he definitely going JUCO no matter what?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.