DL Raekwon Davis Updates

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Re: *** Raekwon Davis Commits to Alabama ***

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/08/2016_mississippi_defensive_tac.html

BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Alabama has landed its fourth class of 2016 commitment - and second from the state of Mississippi - with Meridian defensive tackle Raekwon Davis jumping on board.

"I heard that about two weeks ago," Meridian High head coach Larry Weems told AL.com. "His position coach said that he did (commit)."

Davis also confirmed the news to AL.com in a direct message.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

He's a Mississippi kid and in the 2016 class. I'll hold my excitement until we get closer to his signing.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Intriguing kid, but I'm not getting my hopes up any time soon. Mississippi kid, obviously a pretty soft commit even on the day he committed, we have no word on his academics, and he still has 18 months to NSD. Somehow I think I'll find a way to temper my jubilation.

Last edited:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Welcome Raekwon and RTR. Huge kid but like several have said with him being from MS we will need to wait to see his name on the dotted line before we consider him truly ours.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Sounds like he shined this weekend at the Opening regional event in New Orleans. Link

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Sounds like he shined this weekend at the Opening regional event in New Orleans. Link
Thanks for the link. I hope we can hold on to him. I have a feeling he will be moving up the rankings with a bullet, certainly not a 3 star.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Re: ***2016 DL Raekwon Davis Commits to Alabama ***

No confirmation from my folks but when I tell you Mississippi is gonna Mississippi.....well.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Wouldn't really surprise me if he did, though. One reason being the state of Mississippi. The other being Coach O and LSU appear to be going after him pretty hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Good to know
Wouldn't really surprise me if he did, though. One reason being the state of Mississippi. The other being Coach O and LSU appear to be going after him pretty hard.

Yea I have no idea whether his account was actually hacked or not. I've seen several times when someone announces something on Twitter and there is negative reaction, instead of owning it the person just says they were hacked. Time will tell. Long time till signing day either way..

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

from Barton S (247 Sports):

"Despite a report on Twitter that Meridian (Miss.) High School defensive tackle Raekwon Davis had decommitted from Alabama, the 6-7, 315 pounder has informed 247Sports that he remains solid. Davis was adamant when pressed that he remains committed.
Davis will continue to be a prospect that Alabama will need to fight to hold on to with LSU, Mississippi State and Ole Miss among the numerous schools that have been working to get in the fight following his meteoric rise this spring and summer."

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.